NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, I'm joining this forum for direction and help. I've recently started working at a mechanics garage. So I have access to most any tools needed,.....
My wife is on her second new bug. She had a 00' bug, the a turbo jetta, and now a 09' bug.

I've changed many of head and tail lights in thing already. Really dislike to oil filter ( anyone got a mod for that? ) but anyway, we live deep in the mountains, and snow can be a issue with the clearance of the vehcial ( even tho they are pretty darn good in the snow ) so all that said lets get to the point. I want to do a modern Beatle into a Baja. 2" in front, 3" in back and some larger tires.

So can you guys possibly point me toward junkyard parts to pull this off? Any mods that may need to be done to sway bars and what not.

I'm a jeep guy, she like VW's , but I want it to be more fun and usefull

Thanks for any help in advance

·
Registered
307 Posts
there is actually a lift I know of for the mk4 models which would have fit the '00 just fine, i'm not sure exactly how much different the 09 is but it is worth looking into. Also there are several threads on here about people making baja style bugs as well so the search will help out there.

take a look at this for what has been done to other mk iv's

TDI into Toyota (another one) - Page 7 - TDIClub Forums

1 - 2 of 2 Posts