VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm about to receive a turbo-back and tip. I am thinking of putting a K04 on at the same time to save me so time and stress, but I have a stock tune. Was wondering if i could run the K04 on the stock tune through the turbo break in period then get then get the GIAC tune at the end of the month?
I was also wondering about the K03s, if any company makes a good ape tune for one?The K03s makes close to K04 numbers and is a really good price. I just want 190-220 whp

·
Turbo
317 Posts
I hand a flashed stage 1 tune with the k03s turbo and full cat less muffler less exhaust, boosting at 18 spike holding at 15. I'm pushing 225 stock injectors also. I think you would need a bigger tune and injectors with the k04.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,413 Posts
You'll need a tune for the ko4. All the big name tuners should have a good tune for it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I know I will need a tune to really drive it. Was just wondering if I could baby it until I got the tune. I found a GIAC tuner near so I'm good now. Now I have another question. GIAC say to run the tune on 380 injectors and TT maf housing, but I seen more people running the stock injectors with 4bar fpr instead. Is that safe? I know the TT injectors on 3 bar is almost the same as aph injectors on the 4 bar. Just seems like it maybe pushing the stock injectors hard. Just looking for others opinions.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Better late than never.. I'm on your same boat 1.8t APH engine... the k04 will run just the same as your stock turbo which is the k03 off your gonna keep stock parts, 'lines so on somfourth skip the k03s n get the k04. Car wont run any different with it till you get a tune for it.. not may companies make hood tunes for apt engine I've seen initronic to haaaave the best one for your buck but its not a specific k04 file..

In running the rp k04-001 with an agp 15lbs Watergate, high flow manifold stock injectors and fpr. If the tune is set for 3bar fpr run the 3bar.. don't run anything that mess with fuel and timing if your on a tune it'll throw it off... haven't synod it yet but according to my tune "gonzo stage2" its 220hp... how realistic are those numbersss I have yet to know...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Better late than never.. I'm on your same boat with the 1.8t APH engine... the k04 will run just the same as your stock turbo which is the k03, if your gonna keep stock parts,lines so on so fourth skip the k03s n get the k04. Car wont run any different with it till you get a tune for it.. not many companies make good tunes for our engine. I've seen unitronic to have the best bang for your buck but its not a specific k04 file..

I'm running the rp k04-001 with an agp 15lbs Watergate, high flow manifold stock injectors and fpr. If the tune is set for 3bar fpr run the 3bar.. don't run anything that'll mess with fuel and timing if your on a tune it'll throw it off... I haven't dyno mine yet but according to my tune "gonzo stage2" its 220hp... how realistic are those numbers I have yet to know...

Sorry for all the miss spelled words and grammar. Most of the time I'm on my phone writing to/on the forums and threads and my thumbs either click the wrong letters and or my phone changes the word to something else...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts