NewBeetle.org Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Happy Car Time
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I was just wondering. You took of the VW emblem? I have not heard of that. That is one of the favorite things for me.:)

Is it because you are going to put something on the front?
It's called "shaved" Some people go further and smooth over lights and such but the cops would never let me get away with it :(

I don't personally like the shaved front, but I know some people do. It looks like the car is missing it's nose! LOL! I do like what the emblem looks like mounted on the dash like that, though. Nice car! Great stripes, too, btw.
It actually basically came off because someone hit the front of my car :/

·
Meep Meep
169 Posts
Your far from fat.:) Peggy looks really happy and good and I love the name Peggy. She looks like a Peggy.

Its always nice to see people huggin' their buggies.:D:D

That last pic is cool because the stripes match up perfectly even though the door is open. I thought the door was closed at first until I saw your feet. Cool pics throughout. Mellow Yellow is an awesome color.

·
crazy 'bout my KD Bug!
177 Posts
I had a few minutes while waiting for work to pick up and I have enjoyed reading the posts and seeing pics of Peggy. When I came to the pic of Kat hugging her baby, I couldn't help but smile. I do that all the time and my husband just quietly wonders about my sanity! Great car, glad I took the time to read. My KD Bug is the happiest car I have ever had and she surely spreads joy wherever she goes!!

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
:lol: Great Idea there Ms. Kat! Came out excellent!

:goodjob::goodjob:

·
Happy Car Time
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
No one should ever buy these cars.

I went to the ford dealer to test drive a fiesta today, it was a lovely little car. Lots of things about it are similar to the bug and charming.

Then the dealer informed me that it would probably be crushed because of the major accident and the age. So then I got home and cried for 2 hours. I feel like I was taking the dog to the vet to be put down, and you know what? The bug is less of an ******* then the dog is being.

STUPID LOVEABLE CAR.

·
Happy Car Time
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
So cough anyway, wow 2011 was a spectaclarly bad year for me and not a damm thing got better for like 5 more.

It feels... wrong to be poking around this site for info and not logging in, especially when things ended like that.

The car is doing ok actually

Not in great shape. Very worthless. But a decade of severe illness means 10 years later she's still at 35k miles and barely any rust.

Well the fog lights were a rusty mess, but I fixed them. She's got a euroswitch now.

That being said, this is a car that was failing in 2011 and is a decade older now so it's not quite daily driver material anymore.

So I threw myself something of a midlife crisis and got something I'd been eyeing since before you could buy them here:

I won't lie I really wish VW went smaller with the bugs even though they are way more practical then fiats. The entire fiat subreddit is vw owners. For when you can't decide between the beetle and the gti,

Anyway I am taking some shop classes, so this thread may update again sometime. Because why the hell not if I am actually bothering to fix up the car.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts