NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife's Jeep died on us, but we can't complain, she had 180k on her. We sat down and discussed "do we get a motor for the Jeep, & trade Ernie in or do we get Ernie repaired and keep him. I decided It wasn't yet time fro me to not have a New Beetle. I can't imagine not going out to the garage and seeing my sweet bug in there. That said, we traded the Jeep in on a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition. Meanwhile Ernie is in the shop, getting a new ABS pump installed, new shocks, struts & the exhaust repaired. I have a feeling he is going to feel like a new ride. Pics of my very happy Ernie will follow!!!!

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,412 Posts
keep Ernie, Scott. :)

·
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I am keeping him. I couldn't bear to see him leave. I have ordered the exhaust pipe that goes from the manifold to the muffler, they assure me when this is changed, the CEL will be gone also!!! I can't wait to hear him purr again!!!:D

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
Whew glad you're keeping him. The repairs should make him much nicer. Trading a beetle is never fun :(

·
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I picked him up at the shop, I could swear he had an extra large smile on his face!! My shop referred me to a muffler shop, They are suppose to be the best in town. I took him in, they said he needed the piece of pipe from the manifold to the muffler. He said it would be there on Tuesday, (that was last Friday) I paid a 100 dollar deposit. IT STILL ISN'T THERE! I am learning to practice some patience. I hope they are as good as their reputation.:(

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
The pipe that goes from the exhaust manifold to the muffler is the catalytic converter. I would double check with the shop and make sure they actually ordered it. Sometimes things get "overlooked" and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. It happens at my job too sometimes. I could see the part taking a few extra days if it's coming from a different warehouse, but I would imagine, if it was supposed to arrive on Tuesday and it's now Saturday and not there, there is an issue. I would just double check with them either today before they close or Monday. I hope they do you right. Ernie is a great looking car and I know that having him back will be awesome!!

Here's hoping for the best at the shop!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts