NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums and just looking for some feedback. I've had my 2004 VW Beetle for over a year now and I'm looking to add a little more to my girl! I've been looking at car stereos for some time now but now I'm finally ready to seriously buy. Has anyone installed the Kenwood KDC-BT555U? Or a different system? I'd love to hear about your experiences!

·
All this & I can cook too
482 Posts
I have never used any Kenwood components myself, but i've known many people who are die-hard Kenwood fanatics and their systems always sounded spot-on. The model you listed got really good reviews on Crutchfield and for $150 it looks like a good buy. The NB has awesome potential for acoustics so my best advice is jump in and make it rock. Be prepared though, upgrading the stereo in a NB will become an ongoing addiction :)

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
I had a Sony installed in my 03. I wanted three things: Sirius, front aux, removable faceplate, and color changeable display. It didn't matter what brand, ad long as it had those things, at the right price.

If that's what you want, it will be great. Make sure you get it professionally installed, with the correct trim kit.

Good luck, and Welcome to the Org!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts