NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Disenchanted
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...on another problem...

I have replaced the battery in the key 5-6 times. It works great for a few days then...nuttin' honey.

The first time I thought, "maybe the battery I bought was bad"...the next 4-5? I don't think so.

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
...on another problem...

I have replaced the battery in the key 5-6 times. It works great for a few days then...nuttin' honey.

The first time I thought, "maybe the battery I bought was bad"...the next 4-5? I don't think so.

Anyone else have this problem?
Sounds like a button/button contact sticking/not releasing. Just the fob is replaceable by swapping the key and chip if it is ou that generation. Need some more information. What year if it's not in your post. It is. '04. You have an immobilizer chip! No problem. I have the How-to to swap the key and chip and sourcing for the fob if you want new, or eBay for used.

·
Registered
35 Posts
try opening it up and taking the battery out, then clean it with a toothbrush in a bath of isopropyl alcohol. an ultrasonic cleaner is even better if you have one.

dry it off with a hair dryer.

be very careful not to break anything.

the buttons or other parts may be dirty or sticky and this is a good way to clean them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts