VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1999 'New Beetle': As of 4/05/2014...#1: The alarm system seems to arm/disarm OK (exterior lights blink but no short horn beep), however the door locks are not responding to either one of my (2) key fobs or the internal door rocker switch...#2: The windows have stopped rolling up/down from the driver's side control paddles. All this seems related as it appeared at the same time...Any ideas???

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
So when you try to lock the doors using the remote they don't lock but the alarm system does arm?

Do the passenger side controls (window and lock) work normally, ie. the lock control locks the driver's door as well?

Can you roll the windows up and down by holding the key turned in the door?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi,
Yes, the alarm does arm/disarm and I'm getting outside lights flashing while I'm doing this, but no horn 'beep'...Seems the Passenger side internal controls (window & lock) ARE working (with the ignition key in the 'accessory on' position), and I can lock/unlock the passenger door via the key fob. There is slight movement of the driver's side lock post from the inside control, but it doesn't seem to have the energy to travel all the way to 'lock'...the drivers' side internal controls will NOT lower or raise windows, nor will the controls respond with the key turned in the lock...Also, there is NO life in the mirror adjustment switch.
Sorry for the babble, hope it all makes sense.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,301 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
1999 'New Beetle': As of 4/05/2014...#1: The alarm system seems to arm/disarm OK (exterior lights blink but no short horn beep), however the door locks are not responding to either one of my (2) key fobs or the internal door rocker switch...#2: The windows have stopped rolling up/down from the driver's side control paddles. All this seems related as it appeared at the same time...Any ideas???
I had a issue with my power door locks and trunk release not working and it was relay #100. I don't have power windows so I don't know if it would have affected that. If you can get one out of a Beetle, or MK4 Jetta or Golf. It's a light gray/ white relay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Door Lock / Window / Alarm Issue

:D:D:D EUREKA!!! Problem Solved...
Broken Wires inside rubber boot @ jump between Door Jamb & Door...Removed Boot, Soldered & Stabilized repair connection, Replaced Boot...All functions OK Now.:D:D:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts