NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2005 New Beetle and today the key fob stopped unlocking the doors. I was able to unlock the doors this morning but by this afternoon I couldn't get the keyless entry unlock to work at all, even if I'm standing right next to the car. I can, however, lock the car with no problems at all.
I attempted to "reprogram" by putting the key in the lock but that didn't work. I even tried the extra key fob I had, and it too only locks the car but won't unlock it.
Honestly, I find it hard to believe that both the key fob's had unlock buttons that went bad at the same time considering I wasn't even using one of them.
Is this a common issue, and if not does anyone know what needs to be done to get this issue fixed? Its a bit of a pain when I need to chip the ice off the door lock on my car just to get to work in the morning. Much easier if I can unlock the car and open the door without a chisel. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
I would start with replacing the batteries in the remotes.If they were replaced at about the same time they could both go dead at about the same time. Its an easy repair and is the place to start.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts