NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Bug Lover
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:
Hello - I know this issue has been beat to death, but I am in need of a spare key or two. I'd like to stay in Dallas area to get this done, but I am having a hard time finding anyone other than stealership. Metro VW said they could do a flip key for about $230. Contacted sidewinderkey.com & he quoted $220 which includes a cord to program the key. Programming this myself is a bit scary as I've read some stories of people that screwed up their instrument cluster.

So, anyone have any good contacts in Dallas area that I can contact for better pricing than dealer? I really want a flip key & valet, and would rather get them at same time so I (hopefully) would not have to pay for programming twice.

Thanks
vicki

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just did this and saved a ton! yourkeylessremote.com

Depends on year etc. But if you give them your old remote code they can send you a key/remote fob. My sku number was 1Jo959753 they charged me $48.99 plus shipping. I was lucky enough to then go to my local vw dealership (never bought anything from them before)and they cut the blank for free. Then I went online and followed the simple programming and did it for free. If you get the key and you need the directions, just let me know...I can copy and paste the link.

Good luck, stan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts