VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all,

I am the new proud owner of a 2013 1.2TSI Design Beetle and very happy so far.

I got two questions I could not sort out with the user manual:

1. My beetle comes with keyless entry. How exactly can I LOCK the car e.g. which position of the door handle to press or hold or touch ... I tried lots of different things, after fiddling around a bit at the door handle it suddenly locks.

2. The safelock function seems not to be active (the car doesn't lock the doors AUTOMATICALLY when driving). How can I activate this functionality?

thanks in advance.
mike

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Mine did t have keyless but I believe there should be a little lock icon next to the door handle or something like that. Sorry just taking a stab in the dark on that one. I'm sure somebody with keyless start will chime in.

As for the door locking, I believe the only way that can be turned on/off is with a VCDS or vag-com or at the dealer. I don't recal there meting anything in the menu on the cluster that would let you turn it on/off.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
I know on my husband's GLI, there is a small indent on the door handle, which is where you put your finger to lock the car. Not sure on the door auto locking. I don't think my husband's GLI does that, but it also doesn't have the pop up style locks like the older cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts