VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to program another key for my 2007 new beetle without going to the dealer or locksmith?

I have 2 switchblade keys with remotes. Got a third switchblade key and remote (key was cut using vin#) but wont do anything except start car for a few seconds and stop.

I have a 2014 Camaro RS that has the switchblade keys with remote and got a third key for that key was cut using vin#.
For the Camaro you place the original switchblade key in the ignition start the car and then remove the key. You then take the new key (within 5 seconds)start ignition and your good to go, key and remote are programed.

Tried this with the new beetle it started the car and was able to drive off and it shut down as soon as I took off, key and remote didn't work.:(

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Hey, you need to get your new key/transponder programmed; based upon this info:

http://www.sidewinderkey.com/

Programming for the immobilizer/ is Vw dealer only.

Having said that; I would just have a auto locksmith do it for you. If they are able to program the 2006 on new beetles; a locksmith probably the most cost effective way, to get it done. Call around and see how much a Vw dealer and the locksmith will charge you and go from there. Good luck and let us know the prices and how things go, that way others can benefit from your experience! Thanks! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts