1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Everett Street in May
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Date of the Event: July 15th

Here is the FB Group link to this event:

KEYSTONE KAFERS GTG 2015: "BUGS @ the BEACH"

Below is the text that Seth has posted in the info section of this Group Event on FB:

A trip to the beach, beginning in Sandy Hook NJ (parking $15) where we can meet, hang out, enjoy the sand and surf with each other and our family members, visit the light house, and just relax for hours. Maybe as afternoon or evening approaches, we all crawl down Ocean Avenue a few miles to the Point Pleasant NJ Boardwalk and enjoy cotton candy, pizza, fries, candy, ice cream and more; play games, ride rides, and relax on the beach some more.

For anyone looking to make it an overnight trip, motels and hotels abound. Early booking is advisable. I'll be looking into a few places myself, so ask me, and I'll let you know what I find out. Looking last night, the average rate for a place on the shoreline is $160 - $230 a night. That's for a double room with two beds. Of what I know about these places, you can cram your whole family into one room, and the cost stays the same. There are also places like Budget Inn, which are a little further inland, but cost much less because it's a chain hotel.

Most likely, it'll be me, my wife, and two of my daughters. We'll pack up the BEETLE with sandwiches, chips, drinks and save some money for the boardwalk. This area of NJ is beautiful and the natives are friendly. It's sure to be a great trip, this year, and every year as I'm looking to make this an annual event.

·
Everett Street in May
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man, I wish I could be there. The kicker of it all is that Val and I will be up that way until July 5th :pinch:

Y'all have a great time and take a ton of pics. I'll be there in spirit.

Bug on!
Sooo, were having a small Pat's GTG then????? ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts