NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
Hehe thats too cute!

Kids do say the darndest things. When I lived in Florida I was waiting tables and I was waiting on this family one time and there was a little boy with them that had the most beautiful blue eyes! So I said to him "You have such pretty eyes! Where did you get them from?" and he said "They came with my head." :ha:

·
Sruggy!!
324 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
Hehe thats too cute!

Kids do say the darndest things. When I lived in Florida I was waiting tables and I was waiting on this family one time and there was a little boy with them that had the most beautiful blue eyes! So I said to him "You have such pretty eyes! Where did you get them from?" and he said "They came with my head." :ha:

that really made me laugh! I work with kids every day and I love it because they are just so innocent! Sometimes they give you answers to questions and then just look at you like duh! They crack me up.:D

·
Super Moderator
14,750 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
"They came with my head." :ha:
That is so funny! :lol:

When my son came home from kindergarten, we was singing a little song. I asked where he heard it. He said he heard it on "The Big CD". I'm thinking, what?? :confused: He described it, and finally, I asked "Was it a big black CD?"....... :D

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
Since I'm a pre-k teacher I've heard it all, and sometimes to their parents dismay... But I do have a favorite, one day a student asked me where I lived,so I answered, "Jupiter" he then replied " WOW, it must be neat to live in outer-space!":lol:

·
:::smiles and nods:::
518 Posts
One time my son put some money in a coke machine, and got something different than what was on the button. He was disappointed, but decided he may as well try it. I was looking away but still asked "do you like it?". What I didn't realize was that he was gulping it down, and so after I asked he replied "Well... I'm drinking it aren't I?"

I don't know why, that just CRACKED me up. I told him he should never speak to his mother like that.... between the gasps for breath :rolleyes:

·
2015 Acura TLX
5,429 Posts
By the way, Art Linkletter (TV series: "Kids say the Darndest Things")is alive and well. He will turn 100 in 2012...

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
I babysit for one family frequently and their kids were 9, 5, and 2 when this happened. I asked if they use the limes that were growing on the lime tree on the porch. The 9 year old girl said "Yes, but Mom and Dad like to use them for margaritas so we never have enough and we have to buy more at the grocery store" :D

Another story about the same kids. We were playing one of those games that comes with a DVD sometimes. It had a Magic Mirror like in Snow White and we were asking it questions like "Will it be sunny tomorrow?" The 9 year old asked, "Does Santa really like the beer and cookies we set out for him like Dad tells us to?" :ha: :toast:

What's funny is that the parents enjoy alcohol sometimes, but they are very responsible people!! They put the last story in their Christmas letter!

Cori

·
TDi GO!
2,637 Posts
Telling a story on myself my mom likes to tell...

One time, many years ago, Monday Night Football was coming on...my dad yells to me in the living room, "who's playing??" I yell back, "it's the Cowboys and the Burglers!!"

Of course...it was the Steelers...they still have yet to let me live that one down, and I just turned 37... :lol:

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We have two cars, and my daughter is very aware of which car is which. So, we get downstairs to get in the car and head over to daycare, when my daughter sees that the only remaining car is not the Beetle, and stops. They she says: "Daddy! I wanted the Beetlebug!"

On another occasion, we're all strapped in the car, when the little pumpkin says: "Mommy is a horrible driver!". I asked her who said that, and the answer was "Mommy did" :D

·
:::smiles and nods:::
518 Posts
This is more of a cute thing, than a darndest -

When Cory was younger, he used to call the Rennaissance Festival "Restaurant Vegetable" lol

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
When I had the '74, we had a blue '99 as well. Any who, my step daughter loved the '74, she thought it was cool. We were coming back from somewhere in the '99 and she said "Mike drives a real beetle and mommy drives a fake one." I was glad I wasn't driving, I just started laughing.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
You kinda had to be there for this one, but it's still funny to tell - My mom and I met some other kids I babysit for a park. We'd been there about 5 minutes when the youngest, Zach, 2, starts screaming because he had cut his toe on the playground. His mom picks him up and he sees my car. While still screaming, he says, "HERBIE HERBIE" I tried to keep from laughing while I cleaned and put a band aid on his toe. Even in pain, he still notices Beetles!

Cori

·
dunno513
1,236 Posts
My son, 3 this past march, whacked his grandmother with his plastic bat then said he would kill her cuz she wouldn't move off of the swing. What can I say.. she was in his way, and he was polite the first time he asked:angel: :smack:

I'm not sure who needed more counseling afterwards.. :D :D

Ahhhh boys.. can't wait for the next one...:drevil:

I now know why the cat is always trying to get out.. To run away! :scared:

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, I just got my daughter out of the car. It's 55 degrees outside, and I hear my daughter (3 1/2) say:
"Daddy, check out my [illegible]".
So, I turn around and say "what?"

At this point, she has her jacket and shirt pulled all the way up. "Daddy, check out my BOOBIES. They're growing, like Zoes." (Zoe is her 4 1/2 year old friend).

Well, what can you do but laugh :)

I swear, she's not going on any dates until she's 30! :D

·
Banned
1,303 Posts
As a teacher I have a heard a lot, but here are a few of my favorites:

I was working in a preschool and I asked a little boy about a videogame. I asked him if it was easy because I was not good at videogames. He looked at me and said "It's pretty easy. Besides, it's rate E for Everyone so I think you can play it." :lol:

The following year, I worked in a kindergarten classroom. I was talking to one of the little girls and she asked if I was married. I told her no.
Then, she asked me if I had a boyfriend. Again, no.
Then she looked at me and said "Well, are you looking for him?"

And I thought my mom provided stress about my love-life....;)

·
I love my family!
2,887 Posts
My wife was at a "Girl's night out", so I had to cook dinner for my 5 year old son and myself. I was telling him knock-knock jokes as we sat down to eat. He took a bite of his dinner, then said: "Knock, knock", I said "Who's there?" He said "Bad food!" .....

I don't cook anymore:D :D :D

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Today after picking up my 6 yr. old son from school, we were coming down the street and I noticed a picture in his bedroom window. So, I asked him what's that in his window, and he replied how should I know you bought it and put it there! He thought that I was talking about the shades his mom bought and stuck on his window in the car. Guess I should be more specific when I ask him a question.:rolleyes:

·
Fiona's proud mom <3
2004 2.0L GL Cyber Green
4,674 Posts
:roflmao: kids are awesome

this is more cute then darndest but anyways when i was little i would jump up and down on my grandmas bed and my grandpa would sing "rally round the, rally round the red, gold, black and green" so i had just started to talk and one day he was singing and i chimed in "red, gold, black and green" like nothin and he fell back half amazed half laughing...i didnt understand what was so funny

1 - 20 of 33 Posts