NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

I brought my NB in to their body shop to have my bumper fixed after my car was hit in a parking lot. Initially, everything was going fine, the estimated that they would finish within a few days. WRONG!

After an intial estimate of 3 days to finish my car, it stretched to 2 weeks. They had to order a new bumper and fender, they thought they could repair the damage, but they were unable. I can't fault them for that, but the least they could have done would be reattach the old parts so I wouldn't have to ride the bus for 2 weeks. Last friday, I get a call from the shop, saying my car will be ready at 5PM. Two hours after that call, I get another call from them, asking if I could drop off the spare key to my car, because they lost the primiary.

THEY LOST THE KEYS TO MY CAR.

After much negotiating, they bought me a new key and recoded the keys and the anti theft system so the lost key would not start the car. I find it appalling that not only did they lose my key, but I had to argue with them to change my alarm system so they lost key wouldn't work. They couldn't fathom that a dishonest employee could easily score the keys to a multitude of cars by "losing" them. I finally got my car back, and the work they did on it is good, the damaged area looks brand new.

However, the lack of communication and the headache of making sure that they lost key was incapable of operating my car is too much. Even though they changed the codes, a theif could still open my rear decklid, and the driver's side door, but the alarm would go off. I had no faith that asking them to change the locks would result in getting my car back in a timely manner. I'll never take my car to this dealer again.

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
Yeah dude I agree. I've been there a couple times, just to the parts shop though. They just seemed like...they weren't all there. They never knew what I was talking about when I was asking them for genuine VW parts they have listed. durrrr:crazy:

I sometimes go to Martens in Bethesda, they're pretty and have a huge facility, but they're super expensive and I don't really trust them. Darcars in College Park has been the best dealer I've found so far. They seem pretty honest and have always gotten the job done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts