1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
AbsentbebniM
145 Posts
Price seems fair for a NIB part. I've never seen this particular split kit before, so it's definitely on the more rare side.

I'm sure someone will pick it up. Shipping will definitely be the kicker due to its larger size (we ran into that when I recently purchased Daisy's Dad's oval window kit).

Happy sales!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Price seems fair for a NIB part. I've never seen this particular split kit before, so it's definitely on the more rare side.

I'm sure someone will pick it up. Shipping will definitely be the kicker due to its larger size (we ran into that when I recently purchased Daisy's Dad's oval window kit).

Happy sales!

Wow, shipping has gone up! From Malta, NY to a place in VA its $116. 35"x43"x10" and 21 lbs.

·
~Feel the Sting~
2,441 Posts
If you need really inexpensive shipping, check with Greyhound! I sent an ENTIRE set of Votex bumpers (front / rear / etc) for like $75, and that box was MASSIVE.

Greyhound will ship just about anything as long as it fits under inside the luggage compartment :D

Greyhound PackageXpress

·
Want to do a drive.
1,798 Posts
I assume it's for a 2.0 or TDI with out rear upper wing?

·
Boomin' Granny '08
46 Posts
Same goes here. I would like to know exactly how this attaches, if it was CUSTOM or commercial. Are there any trademarks or numbers somewhere molded into the plastic? How thick is the material? Etc... thanks!

·
AbsentbebniM
145 Posts
*UPDATE*

I just traded my '98 Base for a '02 Turbo S. I never put the oval overlay on the Base and have every intention of finding a way to put it on the Turbo S. I'll do what I can to document it since I'm thinking it'll need to be trimmed to accommodate the pop-up spoiler.

·
AbsentbebniM
145 Posts
Just found the time to actually set the overlay on the back window. I'll definitely have to cut a piece from the top to accommodate the spoiler. But it looks like there's a sufficient enough gap between the window and the spoiler to allow me to use the cut piece on the spoiler. The whole overlay is rather light, so it should have no effect on the spoiler's operation. Should be able I make the cut and use a fine grit sanding sponge on the edge to smooth it before painting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts