VW Beetle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Lambo doors are awesome! I need to get a set for my DeLorean!! :p LOL, just kidding, but seriously, I think I posted this on the old forms about lambo doors on a New Beetle. The Lambo door conversions for standard door cars work by having the door pop out away from the body, then rotate up. This would be very difficult for the NB due to the fenders covering up the front of the door. We would be very limited in the movement we could get out of the door to even clear the door frame (Lambos and the such have an inset A frame for the door to clear). Now with extensive body mods you can make anything work, but off the shelf kits for our application would not be a good solution.

Now what about Lambo doors on my TT.....:D

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Suicide doors for me please those others would be a beotch to do and maintain. not to mention the room you need to open gull wing doors. theyre just not practical.

·
Super Moderator
8,918 Posts
This guy is the only person that I have seen that has done it ?(suicide)...
http://www.pebblepushers.com/phillip.html

Russ from Mowhawk Motorsports was sponsoring him before they closed the store. He got the Bernt front and rear from him.

I emailed him for more pics of the door since the project is now complete, but haven't heard from him yet...

Really wish he had pics with it open all cleaned up. Notice he killed the door rear view mirror.
Check out the old school lights!

·
Unlimited Reality Designs
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
i dont like it at all. i love the lambo doors for sure. but now that i see you got to cut i know its nothing i can ever do myself :-(

·
Registered
286 Posts
Mmm thanks for sharing that Beetle. I love it. I guess that could be the bit of mini truckin running through my blood. After all I am in a mini truckin car club heheh. Hooray!!!!

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
i dont like the suicide on it at all. and is there a way to do the lambo without cutting the fender

·
Registered
29 Posts
doors

First off don't do this unless it's for show. The doors are not as ridged as before. I did this on my 2004 Scion xB. I did all of the work myself. Including a Power Enterprise supercharger ;) stock was 90hp I dynoed at 141hp at the wheel. If you notice on the Beetle the large bulges where the markers are suppose to be. Thats where the struts are to lift the door. Your door will only open about 18" to 20" normally so no fat chicks. :rolleyes: Tony at JT Autostyle was a sponsor of mine and custom made me a set. My old xB still has the hinges on it and was just for sale on eBay by the fourth person who has owned it since me. I just called Tony and he said he is not going to make any. As the fenders are to narrow. The first xBs had panel rivited on th clear the hinge. :(

PS the girl is Cassia Riley from Penthouse. We were staying next to the Penthouse suite at this show :p

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
so for everyday use your saying this is a bad idea right? do you got any other pictures you can show us

·
Registered
29 Posts
pix

Two years of work and six car shows later netted six first place trophies. :) I had the 19" HP Racings on it. This guy on ebay put the chrome rims on it. Dont like chrome personally.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts