NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been able to find a leather grab bar (goes in front of the passenger).

All the ones I've seen are these plastic ones, does a black leather one even exist?

SMG

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
Yeah, I have one on my 'vert, the Turbo S and the Sports have 'em too (i.e. u can get them from VW or a VW parts company). I think PhiltheBeetle may have one he'll sell you, contact him on the 'Tex...

·
Some say............
1,665 Posts
I bought a leather cover from Mid America Motorworks back in June. It was in their discount bin and I only paid like $5 for it. It's real leather and it goes on over top of the stock one and attaches with velcro. I alsohave matching covers for the door grab handles too.

·
CC + JB = TRUE LOVE
10,280 Posts
Herbie3Rivers said:
I bought a leather cover from Mid America Motorworks back in June. It's real leather and it goes on over top of the stock one and attaches with velcro.
Me too. I had mine embroidered. :)

·
A.K.A PROJECT X
140 Posts
Herbie3Rivers said:
I bought a leather cover from Mid America Motorworks back in June. It was in their discount bin and I only paid like $5 for it. It's real leather and it goes on over top of the stock one and attaches with velcro. I alsohave matching covers for the door grab handles too.

know where they sell these anywhere else i gotta find some for me g/f's car:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Billsbug said:
No such animal, they are all "leatherette".
Well it makes no real difference on a grab bar, as long as it's not that fake perforated plastic one that everyone seems to have..

What did the black leatherette one come on originally anyway?

SMG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts