VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
k i t s u n e
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I had my dad travel to alabama to pick up a 2007 Triple White Edition NBC (I was busy with school stuff) and it is in pretty immaculate condition. It has 41k on it now and has a brand new top. I did notice, however, that the leather inside the pouch of the seats have yellowed (probably due to aging and sitting in the sun which is expected). But what products can I use to make them white again or to make the seats whiter as they age? I've heard of some leather dye sprays and balms but I would like to know what you guys recommend??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Evaluate first having the seat upclose. Perhaps it does not need dye at all, just needs to get all the grime off, which is yellowing it out.

There are some useful youtube videos you can watch and learn like myself. There seems to be a rule of thumb of a PH balanced cleaner, lather that up with a soft bristle brush, then wipe that crud off with a microfiber cloth. Work around the seat this way, but not before going over the seat's crevices and stiches with some stiff bristle brush to get the debris off. Then, once all is wiped clean, a leather conditioner should get your seats their much needed hydratiation and lubrication. Repeat the PH process every 4 weeks and the Conditioner process every week or so. Along with the car wash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts