NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
Joined
·
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to replace many of the lights on my wife's Honda Pilot with LED's and figured I would do the same on my NBC.

Does anyone have a list of what the bulbs are?

Mirror light
Vanity Mirror lights
Door courtesy lights
Reverse lights
License lights

I don't know if I want to replace any of the others with LED's, but I figure that maybe the side markers, and other lights could be listed.

Maybe as a single place to reference all of the bulb types?
 

·
Beetle Cup racer
Joined
·
567 Posts
I dunno the sizes of the bulbs, (the manual has the sizes), but if you want the best ever leds for car (believe me I have bought a ton and have a lot of them gone bad) go to www.superbrightleds.com

AWESOME leds......
 

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
Joined
·
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pulgamovil said:
I dunno the sizes of the bulbs, (the manual has the sizes), but if you want the best ever leds for car (believe me I have bought a ton and have a lot of them gone bad) go to www.superbrightleds.com

AWESOME leds......
That is where I was planning on buying them from. I guess I will have to get out the manual to get a listing of the bulbs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
and when you do...

please post the LED bulb numbers (or whatever equivalent) here, I've been trying to figure it out. Either I simply can't figure out the cross reference tables :eek:, or many of the lights aren't available from superbrightleds.com.:mad:

Thanks!
 

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
Joined
·
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
astroclimb said:
please post the LED bulb numbers (or whatever equivalent) here, I've been trying to figure it out. Either I simply can't figure out the cross reference tables :eek:, or many of the lights aren't available from superbrightleds.com.:mad:

Thanks!
I have been through the owners manual. no listing.

I have searched the old forums, and while many people have converted their interior lights from incandescent to LED, the only thing I have been able to gleam, is that the light in the mirror housing is a 10mm bulb.

I will have to pull each light that I want changed out, to get their identification and try and cross reference it.

Probably not until this weekend though.

If anyone knows what the numbers for the various lights are, turn signals, side markers, license plate, reverse, and interior lights please post them, and collectively I think we could put together a cross reference list.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
756 Posts
dgoldbe2 said:
I will have to pull each light that I want changed out, to get their identification and try and cross reference it.
Ouch. Yeah, can't say I've ever seen a complete listing of all interior lights. The Bentley might have one... but if memory serves, you have that manual, so I'm sure you would've looked there to begin with.

All I can say is... be sure to post a listing here when you're finished... so the next poor soul who's looking for it has something to reference ;)
 

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
Joined
·
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steinola said:
Ouch. Yeah, can't say I've ever seen a complete listing of all interior lights. The Bentley might have one... but if memory serves, you have that manual, so I'm sure you would've looked there to begin with.

All I can say is... be sure to post a listing here when you're finished... so the next poor soul who's looking for it has something to reference ;)
Alas, a Bentley (or a Haynes for that matter), I don't have.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
756 Posts
dgoldbe2 said:
Alas, a Bentley (or a Haynes for that matter), I don't have.
Ah... my memory didn't serve me well, then ;)

Well... like I said... I would think there'd be at least a partial list in there. Hopefully someone will be kind enough to look.
 

·
Beetle Cup racer
Joined
·
567 Posts
I have the Bentley on my bugs trunk but its raining DOGS AND CATS, Ill post em tomorrow
 

·
2000 Cyber Green GLX
Joined
·
27 Posts
I am a parts guy at the local Bumper to Bumper Auto parts store. I might as well put my skills to work. I hope this helps


HeadLight - Highbeam - H1
- Lowbeam - H1
Front signal Light - 1157
Tail light - 1157 and 1156
Rear Side marker - 194
Licence Plate Light - 194
Door Courtesy light - 194 (i think)
Fog Light - H1
Glove Compartment - 194
Trunk - 194

VOLKSWAGEN AND GE use stupid part numbers to identify all these bulbs, I have changed or have had a look at the bulbs that i have listed here for you. any other questions email me or post on here and i can try and help you.


One of my bulb suppliers is GE LIGHTING. On there website www.gelighting.com, there is an automotive wizard. Just click Automotive wizard on the opening page about half way down the page. select your vehicle, year, make and all that jazz. and it tells you what bulb is for what. But remember, they have stupid part numbers, the numbers i have listed above are the easy numbers that will work in the place of the numbers GE has.

good luck
 

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
Joined
·
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I was overly busy this weekend, and didn't get out to check on the blubs, but I see nbdude listed some of the bulbs.

Sylvania also lists bulbs.

As far as I can tell the bulbs are as follows:

Sylvania Numbers:
Trunk light: 2825
Courtesy Light: 6418
Glovebox: 2825
Sidemarkers: 2825
Reverse lights: 7506
License plate: 2825
Rear Turn Signal: 7506
Front Turn Signal: 2357A
Map Light: 2825
GE Lights:
Trunk light: W5W
Courtesy Light: C5W
Glovebox: W5W
Sidemarkers: W5W
Reverse lights: P21W
License plate: W5W
Rear Turn Signal: P21W
Front Turn Signal: W5W
Map Light: PC194 or W5W
From nbdude's list:
Trunk light: 194
Courtesy Light: ?
Glovebox: 194
Sidemarkers: 194
Reverse lights: 1156
License plate: 194
Rear Turn Signal: ? (1156?)
Front Turn Signal: 1157
Map Light: 194
I think this list is correct. I still need to pull the bulbs and check them out, but should be a good start.

Updated the reverse light per BeetleJuice.
 

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
Joined
·
2,816 Posts
The fogs and reverse light is 1156, 1157 didn't fit in mine
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top