Votes: 10 31.3%
  • What's a light emmitting diode?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
CRAZ4VW
520 Posts
I've had them on my car since new (March '05) and previously had them on my NBC. I removed the chrome strip (held on only by double-sided tape) and they look much better.

And a side shot to give another angle...

The lights don't blink any faster than the factory bulbs do thanks to built-in resistors. What I like most about them, they're so darn bright!!

·
CRAZ4VW
520 Posts
I've yet to see them on a car, but I've seen several pics of these tial lights. I do like the way they look, but seeing the photo of the back of the lights leaves something to be desired. Seems like a wiring hack job :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
gotta go with the red. there is nothing worse then altezzas on a car

·
Above average
510 Posts
If I have the chance I would install the fully red.
Unfortunately it's illegal to drive with red blink-blink turnlights in Germany :(

Marc & Limoni

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
i have had a pair for a little over a year now. I had no problem with the fitment or use. I live in maine where the weather can be quite harsh. the proce was worth it if for no other reason, but ot have something that most other beetles don't have

·
Alaska drivers wanted.
93 Posts
I've had my set on within a month of buying the car too. (July '05) Had them picked out while waiting for the car to arrive from the factory. I must agree with Pelican, the chrome strip needs to go. I haven't peeled mine off yet. Course I'm planing to order the red/clear LED lights. After seeing the car from behind while it was being driven by my wife I had second thoughts about the lights. Figured I would try something else. Once I have the new lights on I'll post a pic. In the mean time here is a pic of the honeycomb LED's.

Attachments

·
Unlimited Reality Designs
463 Posts
anyone got a pic of the silver ones on a silver beetle. i want the clear third brake light with the silver tails and clear bumpers. how iwll that look you guys.

·
Beetle Lover
31 Posts
i have them on my bug i love them, my car is black so they work out very well. the installation was quite simple and easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts