NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My 01 VW NB 1.8T is experiencing a few problems. Two weeks ago we replaced my wheel bearing on the front left wheel, as well as the front brake pads and rotors. (Full tune up as we had just bought the car)

Now I am 7 hrs from home and the front left wheel is grinding when turning, shaking when turning at extreme angles (and eventually dying), whurring like a helicopter when on the freeway/going fast, and grinding like sandpaper when I barely turn to the right.

ALSO: My ABS light is wigging out. It took a battery reset for the light to come on finally, but the brakes harden and buzz whenever they feel like. I am still able to brake, but i have to struggle with the abs and the buzzing in order to do so. It either does this on it's own accord while I'm driving, or when I brake at slower speeds. Tried to have the code read, but to no avail.

Thanks! :/

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
You have to put the Big nut in the center on reeaalllly super tight. 1/2 inch impact full power nothing less,you wont be able to over-tighten it,unluess you take it to an 18 wheeler shop.so, Lift that wheel off the ground and re-tighten. Maybe your new bearing will be ok.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts