NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello one and all.

My daughter’s 2000 Beetle is quite good and giving me issues. I took the car over to the detail shop for a good cleaning. That was a Wednesday. When I dropped it off everything worked fine. When I picked it up on Friday, the left turn signals didn’t work but the right did. The hazards work fine. No matter how I moved the turn signal stalk, the lefts would not flash. Before I jumped on here, I tested it again. The left will work if you wiggle the switch around, but they won’t flash for long. So I’m curious if maybe they got the switch wet while cleaning the interior.

Also, I’ve never been able to get the cruise control to work. The light on the dash won’t even come on.

So, do you fine folks think that the switch is bad or should I start somewhere else?

·
Registered
562 Posts
The lighting on these vw’s is divided into a right and left side and there is a separate fuse for each side. It sounds to me like your issue is the stalk though. If you can make it work by wiggling then it’s either the stalk or the wire connected to the stalk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts