NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Here are a few build and finishing touches pictures.

My brother Andre' and I finished the first book of instructions in probably 4 hours or maybe a little less. I finished up the rest of it in about the same time yesterday. I left the wheels for Aiden because he was wanting to put them ever since the chassis started to look like something he could recognize was a car. He's crazy about Legos...but these were a little small for him to help out with.

I'll have to take some detail pics later or tomorrow of the finished product.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Just got a chance to take the photos...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Inside...
The seats and glove box move.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is the coolest thing ever. I bought one for my wife for Christmas. She has not had the time to complete it yet, just a few minutes here and there since then.

But how cool is this thing huh?

I am looking for a wholesale source so I can sell them in my store but Lego is pretty hard to get unless you are Walmart.

·
i sparkle
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's neat!! It's bigger than I originally thought.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts

That is an awesome picture! I just love Marvin!

Thanks for the pictures. I had heard about this Lego Beetle but had not seen it. Very cool!

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Nope that's my genius brother...you can check out my picture thread or click on my username (avatar) and it will take you to my gallery.

My brother has almost all of the large lego items and built me a lego New Beetle many years ago...probably 2003 and a lego Marvin for my display.

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
That is an awesome picture! I just love Marvin!

Thanks for the pictures. I had heard about this Lego Beetle but had not seen it. Very cool!
Yeah - Marvin oversees ALL!

I finally took some pictures of my office with all my new beetle and Marvin stuff, but I guess the thread about "Showing where you surf" died or was archived a long time ago.

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Here are a couple photos of what my brother built for me in the past that I mentioned earlier...and yes...I have a cleft in my chin - another reason for the goatee. :p
The beetle was done in 2002..before anyone had any kits out.

Attachments

·
Yo Gaba Gaba
35 Posts
I know that this is an old thread, but I just got here and I have to say that this is the coolest thing I have ever seen!!!
Lego Beetle!!!
And I have seen those huge life size Lego animals and things in Danish department stores. But, man those little Lego Beetles take it all! I have got to find one (or two, or three...) to build! We are taking our daughter to Legoland sometime next summer, before she turns 3 (2 and under get in free!) and hopefully can find one there. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
So cool! Looks like fun!
I want one....
Maybe I can get one for my nephew (7 yr old) for Christmas and pretend it's for him, but really for me!! ha ha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts