NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bug Less
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. Last Friday, We were told at work that as of Sept 1st. our parent company DB Schenker will be closing down the Toledo based Hub. Where I have been currently employed for the last 13 years. :( It just really really blows. I've been looking since friday night but the market here and I'm sure most other places just sucks. there is hardly any good paying jobs here. It's gonna be hard going down from almost $16 an hr . I would settle for less if I could find a job with benefits. All in time i suppose... I can file for unemployment but Id like to try to find a job before and not have to deal with that.BUT if I have to I have to I suppose. So for those of you who are out there Job hunting I feel for you ! Good Luck !! :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
sorry to hear this! i wish you the best of luck...

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Ya, I need a roommate! :eek:

·
Bug Less
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gang , Luckily I dont have much to do to my resume just Tweek it some to address potential employers rather then the current company I work for. I found one job that is Second Shift I sent in my app but not going to get my hopes up. :) just gonna stay positive .

·
ToD 6, Count Down.
467 Posts
Jay, sorry to hear about the job. I actually applied with them about a year ago.

File for unemployment now, at least that will ease your mind about making ends meet, then look for a job.

I feel your pain, the company I worked for was sold in 2000 and between pay and benefits I was at about $ 30.00 per hour, well needless to say, I didn't fit the new company's pay scale so after 30 + years, I was unemployed, :mad: and was like that for almost 2 years till I found the job I have now, and I found it on Craigs List of all places. :D Chin up, something will come along.

·
"SunShine" 01 1.8T 5sp.
1,671 Posts
So sorry to hear about the job.. I understand. I will keep you in our prayers and wish you the best of luck. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts