NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The digital clock does not illuminate in the rear-view mirror console in the roof.

It hasn't worked for about a year now. But back when it did, there were a few weeks when all of the dash lights used to flicker sometimes - I presumed this was a loose connection somewhere, and one day it just stopped flickering, although the clock light never worked since then.

I've checked all the fuses, and they all appear intact.

Presumably there is a bulb somewhere that backlights the clock, but where is it? - if it's in the clock/mirror console, how do I get into that or get it off the roof?

Oh, it's in a 1999 UK 2l petrol Beetle if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been doing a bit of faffing around this weekend trying to get my AC working again. And after pulling and re-inserting the 3 blade fuses on top of the main battery, and replacing the number 5 (7.5A) burnt-out fuse in the fuse panel near the steering wheel, not only does my AC work again, but so does the backlight in the clock above the mirror (I'm also now able to set the time correctly now, which I couldn't while the backlight was not working).

SUCCESS :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts