VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I just replaced my battery and when I started my bug the airbag, ABS light and the break light all came on and wont go off did I disconnect anything? I have a 2008 beetle convertible se I looked at my break pads and they look fine I don't know what else to check.Can anyone help me? Thanks tjsxox

Hi again I found a plug that wasn't plugged in all the way that had a place for 3 wires 2 wires were present and I pushed it in all the way it fixed the break light and the abs light. The airbag light is still on. Does that plug suppose to have three wires? It looks like there is a place for another wire and when I open the box it plugs into and i also see three fuses but I don't see a wire dangling anywhere Thanks again Tjsxox

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a scanner however I did fix part of the problem please see my post again because I did edit it

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
I would post updates in new posts, not the first one. Its easier to follow that way.

Also, what plugs are you talking about? Maybe a photo would help?

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
For the airbag trouble codes; you need a vw specific scanner, to see what they are and find the problem. Check out amazon; for a basic code reader vs450/vag405 or a more advanced scanner vag401 (live data, programming capabilities) or for the factory level scan tool, the ross tech vcds.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am having the same issue ?. Car was perfect ? now I have all the lights on. I don't have a VW scanner. I don't see how just replacing the battery causes all the lights to come on. Thoughts on this please? O. It's a 2015 beetle. Automatic. 1.8t TSI gen 3.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Time to invest in a VW specific scan tool, check out OBD 11, one of the many VAG handheld scanners on Amazon or eBay (sub $100) and finally VCDS by Ross Tech ($199). While getting on might seem like an big investment at first; it will allow you to have control of your diagnostic process and save you hundreds or thousands of dollars in repair fees, enabling you to do your own repairs. Knowledge is power and you will stop being beholden to a volkswagon dealership or professional repair shop; if you decide to finally do your own repairs yourself and having a VW specific skin tool is crucial, in this process especially forSpecific systems like a airbags or ABS brake systems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts