NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just stuck my head under the dash to see if I had lights that shine down on my 3 cupholders...apparently there are lights there, somewhere..some ppl have them. I could use lights down there but cannot find them perhaps they are on later models?
What do they look like? Maybe mine are turned off or burnt out?
If anyone knows about these little lights let me know.
Thanks

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
osprey said:
I just stuck my head under the dash to see if I had lights that shine down on my 3 cupholders...apparently there are lights there, somewhere..some ppl have them. I could use lights down there but cannot find them perhaps they are on later models?
What do they look like? Maybe mine are turned off or burnt out?
If anyone knows about these little lights let me know.
Thanks
I have them in my 02. Theyre red but I dont know what they look like or how to get to them. :eek:

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
i have them in my 2001 GLS and they are red. there are LEDs, i believe, and can be found by popping off a plastic piece down there somewhere.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found them!!! They are red as well..not too bright as well..know if one can change them to clear bulbs?
thanks

·
Twizzler
447 Posts
They are LED's NOT bulbs, the heater control knobs put out some red light through slits under their covers and there is the one under the white plastic cover, ALL are LED's, find out their voltage/current and find matching white ones then you will need to solder them in. The one under the white cover is larger then the heater control dial ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts