VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Tinkerer Monkey
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Had those sitting on my desk for a while but finally got them installed. They wraped in carbon-fiber film to match my rear fender pieces. Just want to know your opinion on such. Let me know mmmmmmmmmmm..........k? ;)

Attachments

·
Tinkerer Monkey
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx dude.

I dunt remember what i paid :( Think like 10 for guards and like 12 for sheet of Carbon-fiber?

You can surely do it. If you go Black/Black then its just to protect your paint. If you pick some color it will stand out nicely. I know there are chrome ones and if you have more chromed bits it will look phat. Or you can get carbon-fibered ones and i guarantee you that it will look awesome on black car. CF on Black is 100% guaranteed hi-class look. In my eyes anyhow LOL

Cheers.

Eugene

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
They look great!! Where did you find them? and where did you find the rear gravel guards??

Thanks

·
Tinkerer Monkey
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
xXRockyHorrorsXx - Nah dude, it will look like poopoo. BUT!!! If you get black and pint red stipe on it it may look pretty slick.

EvilinaDM101 - Was not too hard. Its just a film. Just have to be careful and take your time.

Sambeaux - Both came from great people on this board. Gravel Guards i bought looooooooooong time ago and Handle Guards mybe like 4-5 month ago.

Thanx for positive comments guys.

Eugene

·
Tinkerer Monkey
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hummmm......... Ebay? ;)

Eugene

·
Tinkerer Monkey
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now, what do you think about this? Add a strip of similar material along the side of the skirt, to protect it from being scratched up when going in and out.

What you thihk? I dunt want my car to be like recied out Civic with all the possible plastiky addons and such.

Eugene

Attachments

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Love the black gravel guard and handle guards. Very tasteful,
Not crazy bout the side strip maybe a black rim might be a nice accent like this Flik Hornet from edgeracing.comb

·
Tinkerer Monkey
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd have to agree - I am not too crazy about this skirt protector thingie either. Good thing its just a photoshop.

Eugene

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys.

Had those sitting on my desk for a while but finally got them installed. They wraped in carbon-fiber film to match my rear fender pieces. Just want to know your opinion on such. Let me know mmmmmmmmmmm..........k? ;)
They look really good and are a great enhancement. Where did you get your rear fender pieces?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts