844 Posts
Discussion Starter #442

·
Super Moderator
20,812 Posts

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
And nothing to do with the motor mount? :p That's why I never ever listen to the parts store guys. They're nice but they don't have a clue about VWs.

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #445

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
And nothing to do with the motor mount? :p That's why I never ever listen to the parts store guys. They're nice but they don't have a clue about VWs.
Yeah the guy was very nice he even called abbie cute :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
I didn't see this thread until today. Tonia, I hope you eliminated the rat by now.....:p As for rats up here, I'd venture to guess they all froze to death! Wisconsin was like living in Antarctica this winter.
Lucky you I love the cold weather so im so jealous of y'all up north

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #452 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
That's really cool! And I love that print above of your Beetle!

Did you get your ignition issue resolved?

And one more thing...I saw above that you said you love cold weather. I'm the exact opposite: I despise cold weather. I'd rather deal with 120 degrees and 99% humidity than go through another winter like we had up here. :p

127 days to Talimena! :)

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #456
That's really cool! And I love that print above of your Beetle!

Did you get your ignition issue resolved?

And one more thing...I saw above that you said you love cold weather. I'm the exact opposite: I despise cold weather. I'd rather deal with 120 degrees and 99% humidity than go through another winter like we had up here. :p

127 days to Talimena! :)
:) I got the print from a local business here in dallas they where at the indoor carshow I went to

Yes didn't cost nearly as much as vw wanted to charge me but it still was pricey

Haha im sure if you come live here for a year or two that will change...people here think im crazy when I say I love the cold and would rather be out in it than in heat

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Glad to hear you got your car fixed. I have no choice but to go to the dealership for all my work, because the independent guy I used to go to suffered a stroke and had to close shop.

Every other place is like this: Someone usually named Gus will say, "We don't werk on that thar furrin' stuff. This here's Ford N' Chevy country!" :D

As for not liking heat, you remind me of my daughter. :) She is very fair-skinned with red hair and freckles and once the temperature reaches about 75, she says it's too hot. The problem is that we have about 6-7 months of winter a year here. We have to wear coats from October until May, so I appreciate our pathetically short summers.

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #458
Glad to hear you got your car fixed. I have no choice but to go to the dealership for all my work, because the independent guy I used to go to suffered a stroke and had to close shop.

Every other place is like this: Someone usually named Gus will say, "We don't werk on that thar furrin' stuff. This here's Ford N' Chevy country!" :D

As for not liking heat, you remind me of my daughter. :) She is very fair-skinned with red hair and freckles and once the temperature reaches about 75, she says it's too hot. The problem is that we have about 6-7 months of winter a year here. We have to wear coats from October until May, so I appreciate our pathetically short summers.
Well that sucks :( i hate that they charge so much

Lol yeah I tired going to walmart to get an oil once because all other places were closed they said they didn't have the right filter for my car...and I grew up with fords and chevys I even consider getting a mustang when I was first looking for cars. But you know how that turned out lol

I wish it was that cool here its been 80-90 here lately it gets too hot to even ride with the Windows down

441 - 460 of 477 Posts
About this Discussion
476 Replies
50 Participants
billymade
NewBeetle.org Forums
The New Beetle forum, come in and join our discussions on the new Volkswagen Beetle. Talk about modifications, performance and color choices.
Full Forum Listing