NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
1MeanLimaBean
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a long week! Me and my wife have been hard at work all last week trying to get Limabean some upgrades. We've done alot, and have a bunch of pics. Here is a few of how its been going. Hope it passes the org test. She is very proud of her grocery getter, "MeanLimabean":D
First day of pickup:D

some much needed tint:)

Just had to paint them calipers cybergreen:D Thinking about blacking out the grill too. dunno yet

Got these new Vision Wheels put on last night. Sure glad I waited until after we mounted the spoiler before getting into the "cold ones" LOL Only get one shot at that LOL

There is still a few cosmetics to fix before getting a new fresh coat of Cyber. Sorry these pics are a little dark, and not crisp. We were rushing to beat the dark. Will get some better ones soon, along with some interior stuff. Again, we hope you like Limabean so far.

Thanks for stopping in,
Jason, and Amanda

·
Super Moderator
14,746 Posts
Love the wheels! I am glad Limabean found you guys! :party:

·
1MeanLimaBean
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love the wheels! I am glad Limabean found you guys! :party:
Thanks Deb! Funny how things work out huh? See, before limabean, we were going to buy a 2000 red 2.0. But, the deal didn't work out at the last minute. It upset us for a while when the seller backed out. Oh well! We like keylime greenbean better anyhow LOL.

Thanks

·
1MeanLimaBean
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She should be proud of her grocery getter. Looking very nice. Thanks so much for posting the pics. Keep them coming. :)
Hey SixChuter! I taught Amanda how to drive a 5 spd, now If I could just teach her to drift, we could get that Nuespeed supercharger :guitar::D:D:D
Just kidding, as you can see the two carseats in the back. I'd love to get another just to HP mod
Thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
nice pics!
i love the picture with Limabean's, side-kick cat :)

·
"SunShine" 01 1.8T 5sp.
1,671 Posts
I love limabean!! Adorable.. Now keep in mind with the wind the switch may not work to pop the hatch. The extra weight will make it harder for it to pop open like it should. Smurfette has a hard time and 9 out of 10 times it doesn't work. Keep up all the great work. She is looking sweet.. I love my Smurfette.. So I know you guys love your limabean.. lol:D

·
Fiona's proud mom <3
2004 2.0L GL Cyber Green
4,674 Posts
Okay, so not that I am biased or anything but you have the BEST color NB ever made!!!! I LOVE the wheels and the spoiler and the calipers!!!! Great looking beetle :thup:

I was going to paint my calipers green also but I decided to make it an accent color instead so I went with pink since I want to do other things pink on her and because she is a girl and I drive her I think making her girly is just perfect hehe

Great job so far :D keep the pics coming ;)

Oh and peanutsmom makes a great point, I too have trouble getting the hatch open the first time I push the button, I usually have to push it 2 or 3 times before I can get it open but it is SO worth it when the spoiler looks as good as it does

·
1MeanLimaBean
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh and peanutsmom makes a great point, I too have trouble getting the hatch open the first time I push the button, I usually have to push it 2 or 3 times before I can get it open but it is SO worth it when the spoiler looks as good as it does
Thanks for all the great comments so far everyone! I don't have any problrms with the hatch popping up when I push the button. Maybe because the spoiler is lighter blow molded ABS?? I did read where some heavier fiberglass spoilers create that problem on other websites. Like you said though, even if it sticks a little, it is soooooo worth it:thup:

·
1MeanLimaBean
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well....off to BestBuy we go to replace that pesky little buzzing door speaker. It's got an "ok" older kenwood head unit, but might shop around for something newer because a few of it's functions don't work either. After all the great posts on this topic, I think we have a game plan. Kid in a candy store here I come! :D

·
1MeanLimaBean
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK! Dropped a doller on some new car audio this past weekend :eek: Replaced the old head unit with a nice USB/Ipod Pioneer, and matching Pioneer speakers all the way around. A much needed, great sounding, budget audio tune-up. Also, Amanda wanted some pink and purple underdash LEDs to match her budvase bouquet. The camera doesn't do justice, as the colors are very vibrant. I had the dimmer fully up for the pics. You can dim way down for soft lights while driving also.

She's very proud of her Limabean, and hopes you all like him so far too. :D I'll get some other interior pics up this week.
Thanks for stopping by org!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Limabean looks very nice!! How come you are planning on a repaint? The original paint still looks beautiful:)
The new purple lighting in the interior looks neat, too!

·
1MeanLimaBean
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Limabean looks very nice!! How come you are planning on a repaint? The original paint still looks beautiful:)
The new purple lighting in the interior looks neat, too!
Thanks Bug Dude! If seen in person, you can tell its faded pretty good. It is tolerable because the whole car is faded, but when you look in the jambs, and corners, you can really tell. I parked by a well maintained cyber paint job yesterday, and it was a huge difference :( It has faded almost to a Gecko green LOL. Going to hopefully order a Glowshift 3 guage pod and guages this week. I hate not being able to know the vitals of Limabean. Going to try to sneak a Magaflw cat back in there too:D:D:D

·
1MeanLimaBean
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I love getting home from work and having a package waiting :D

I must say, I have owned Autometer gauges in the past, and it sure does seem these will be just as good. I was a little unsure of the purchase at first, but these are beefy, and heavy duty feelin'!! I think they will be the cat's meow. The staff at Glowshift was about the best I've ever dealt with too. And.....got the whole package cheaper than the advertised net special of $149 :D:D:DThough not a Bernt pod, I kinda like this one as well. We put it on the dash for a test fit. I must say, I like how the gauges will sit closer to the driver, with just the right angle. I have seen the Bernt's up close, and they are pretty stellar too!! But each their own to what they like. Just waiting on the oil sender adapter from 42Draftdesigns now. Me and wifey got a busy weekend and won't have the time to install, but we sure are gonna' try. Get these in, and Catback here I come :D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts