NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue with my 98 2.0L Bugg.... the other day i went to turn her off and pulled the key out and my stereo stayed on (it's aftermaket) normally it turns off as the key is taken out so for the time being I was taking the face off the stereo to turn the power off on it and also with the key out of the ignition and when I open the drivers door I am getting the "door ding" as tho something is still on.... and when I locked it the alarm would not engage but the doors will still lock.... i tried using the key in the door and it made no difference... aside from the issue with the car off everything else is "knock on wood good, still working :)" we took the steering column casing off and pulled the wiring harness off of the ignition switch to discover that one of the power wires is from the looks of it melt is powering too much or not shutting off.... so we changed the harness and switch THOUGHT everything was peachy again until I went to start it later in the day and my battery was dead.... any ideas what could be running still that is causing my battery drainage??? any tips or solutions or advice is GREATLY appreciated

Cheers,
Kahleen

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts

·
5/23/10 <3
10,922 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if the battery just got a bit drained from your ignition switch problem. Did you jump the car? Has the battery died again? Maybe put the battery on a trickle charger and get it charged up really well and see if it dies again. Or take the car to an auto parts store and have the battery tested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts