NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bug before I owned it, was owned by one previous owner, and I was told it was used as a rental car. So it was probably roughly treated before. The first day, when the loan went thru and I could pick up my car, I had to work. So...mom and dad went to pick it up for me. They said when they drove it home a fender part underneath came loose and they had to get that fixed. When I was there at the dealership and picked her out, the sunroof was off track, and the cars front windshield has a beebee gun bullet looking hole in it. it doesn't leak so i've never fixed that.

not long after, other things went wrong like the heat temp. light kept staying on, engine whatever light stayed on. Those became fixed by filling up the liquid refreshments for my car. :p

i thoguht, ok i shouldnt have much problem wiht it for a while....but...in ky its required for cars to be sold with a spare tire..they said there was one inthe trunk...we didnt even check...so we ended up buying a spare tire.:rolleyes:
Through waiting several hours for the dude to pick out the right size tire, place it on and check it, and put other wheel back on, i do have a spare tire. we told all these problems to the dealer who sold us this "LEMON" bug, and he paid us some money back with a check.

Also, my cd player in the trunk, didn't have a tray, so i had bought that from vwgear.com. i was happy i could listen to music, and not radio commercials! WOOT WOOT!!! anyway, things went on,...it was not long after that...ok...something was on recall and where i bought it used, i never received a noitice. soo, it happened to go bad, some pipe or somethign under the hood, we had that fixed. after that, my key...the dealer key...broke the lock mechanism in the door...and if u have had this problem...u know what happens....the ALARM GOES OFF EVERYTIME U OPEN THE DOOR, POP A HOOD, OR START THE CAR!!

SO I HAD TO BUY A KEY FOB, FOR THE KEYLESS ENTRY THING, as well as let's see..my break censor light came on because i didnt know what it was, that was one of the first problems...ok...i had barely 3% break pads left when they checked my tires at the wv dealership in huntington!! AHH!! it's a 1 1/2 hour drive at least from my house, so i was lucky. new break pads, cd player, spare tire, 3 headlights have burnd out since I bought it, (one more im waitning to burn out), um...sunroof, alarm, keys, and about thekey...

i was the 2nd beetle customer to have the key problem fixed whose comptuer crashed! They said they hook their computer up to my car's computer to test everything...well it bounced or whatever...so it killed my car!!!!! so i didn't get my car back..that was after waiting hours on hours for the alarm to get fixed...prob a good 6 hours...good thing a mall was nearby. if I'm forgetting anyhting, i'll add it on later.

a filter was clogged, in the tail pipes...so i had no car power.. car would barely go 55...i had it fixed and it runs better than it did when i bougth the car!!

i think this is about all that's went wrong so far...(the things we do for our bugs..) i have pictures of my yellow daisy or i shoulda called her "lemon" , in the new beetle picture forum.

:confused: what do you think? lol has anyone else has so much problem wiht thier bug?

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
crazi_daisy said:
:confused: what do you think? lol has anyone else has so much problem wiht thier bug?
did you or your parents test drive the car before you bought it? did you take it to a mechanic before you agreed to purchase? you probably should have. especially since it was a rental car. also, it helps to check the carfax on a car before buying it.

so to answer your question, no, i haven't had that many problems. i too, bought mine used with 83K miles on it and for the most part, it's been fine. i did a carfax and test drive before i bought it and asked the seller a lot of questions. i later got all the service records for the vehicle and it's been well taken care of.

my guess it you got a car with some problems, but it's yours now, so there will be some work to do. any car can have this many problems depending on its history, but it's the buyer's responsibility to check those things out before they agree to purchase.

here's hoping you don't have to spend a small fortune to get all things in working order. it's a great little car and it's too bad you're having so many problems with it! you need to enjoy it and not worry about it, but it looks like that's hard to do right now. best of luck getting all your stuff fixed! ;)

·
Banned
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all of those problems are what i've had to do to get fixed, they're alllll fixed now. :) the only thing i have to do is fix the bumpers and car hood dent, then ti'll look like new !:D and the running board scratches. ive had the car since about...july 2004.

dad andi test drove it (wel, he drove i had to ride idk why he wouldnt let me drive it since it was going to be mine ..derrr) anyway, lol, it drove find and all, i knew about the windshield and sunroof before we bought it.

we looked up carfax and there were no reports on anyhting for it. dad asked him alot of questions becuase at that time, alli could think about was "owning a vw beetle" it was my dream car since they debuted in 1998. i was...13 then..7 - 8 years ago right? im 20 now. my dream car, first car i own, was and is my dream beetle :p dont care for yellow, but hey, its my buggie. :) my little daisy (who's looking for her herbie!! HINT HINT TO YOUNG GUYS ON HERE!!!)

:p

·
I Luv CGB!!!
2,128 Posts
Sounds like Daisy has been through alot! Your perservence is to be admired. Good luck hopefully Daisy will find her 1 true Herbie.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts