NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
5/23/10 <3
10,990 Posts
Drunk drivers are scum. There is no excuse to do it. But, I also don't think that prison is the answer...at least not at first. Prison isn't going to help them stop drinking. In fact, I'd be willing to bet it makes it worse. They need the help of a doctor and therapist to control their drinking.

I had a good friend of mine drive drunk one time. And he wasn't even 18 yet. I had it out with him as soon as I found out. From that point on, our friendship hasn't been the same. I have lost a lot of respect for him. He didn't get in an accident (thankfully) but it could happen.

Again, in this situation, he is lucky that there was no one hurt. And we should be thankful for that and just hope he gets the help he needs before he does. Thats what needs to be focused on first and foremost, not sending them to jail. We have people like murderers and rapists that should be there instead.

Oh and if you want to talk about Paris Hilton in this...first of all, she got caught once. Nothing happened. Got caught again and had her license taken away. Got caught AGAIN with no license and under the influence. This was multiple times, not just once. Oh, and she drove to the freakin' courthouse with no license too. She had a complete disregard for the law. She knew what she was doing. I think she deserved what she got.

·
Goon Squad Atheist
1,698 Posts
(ignoring the frank ad hominem)

Though, I must say that with my significant and germaine experiences, my opinion might be somewhat more valid.

FineExampl said:
The guy needs to be treated by a physician and a therapist, his family needs therapy and to intervene in his activities, and a ton of other stuff. Small steps before the big ones. Start small (pun intended) and work your way up (oh, right, he can't, he's a lil guy).
All that should have happened when he WEASELED OUT OF HIS FIRST DUI. He failed to get help (or his family failed to get him help, or the state failed...or whatever.

The fact is, this is his second DUI. He obviously isn't yet interested in getting help.

So yeah, no prison. Why not house arrest though? I'll buy that.
I suppose as a first step....sure.

i'm wrong
Agreed. ;)

·
McBeanie and her McBeetle
57 Posts
I read online that he refused to take the breathalyzer test, I'm thinking that's so they can't prove anything about his blood alcohol level and they can only go on his field sobriety test.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I thought he had a different kind of dwarfism than just being small...I think he has a normal sized body, but problems with his legs and arms growing...that's why he has the things to help him walk...maybe I'm wrong through.

·
Bug me again!
2,758 Posts
Glad to see his 15seconds of fame paid off:rolleyes:
These reality TV "celebrities" are truly pathetic.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts