NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a few pictures of Bailey. Bailey is a '98 NB 2.0, Uni-Red, although I'm afraid the color is not like new. I'm slowly trying to improve on that.

The pictures shows Baileys new seat covers, a couple of "body shots" as well as Baileys booboo on the left rear. I just replaced the side marker light last weekend, and we just missed breaking it again by a few inches.

Attachments

·
.ORG
202 Posts
Unless you you repainted it I believe its Uni-Red .Tornado Red was only offered on the 05 model .Other wise looks good ,sorry about the boo boo.Try some clay bar, then some good wax should due the job.

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
So sorry to see the boo-boo. :(

I hope your Bailey is good as new very soon. Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
I wish I had a spoiler like yours!!! I am sooooo jealous!

I just claybared my Beetle and then used Mequires Tech Wax... I am very pleased with how much richer and deeper my blue looks... I bet it would really help that red come back to life!!!

Bailey looks good for a 1998, I had a black 1998 Jetta, and out here in the Arizona sun, its really hard to keep the paint looking nice... So I completely understand, and I have heard that Red is super duper hard.

I think a good claybar and wax might help ;)

I love Bailey! What a great name!

PS: I have a "dimple" on my beetles tush (aka hatch) that the previous owner did... Its no biggie, I think it happens to all of us ;)

·
Bug me again!
2,758 Posts
From one red '98 owner to another: WELCOME! :thewave:
My paint isn't perfect either but I love:heart: my Ladybug even more knowing what hardships she's overcome. Bailey's beautiful.
Much happiness to you both :bestwish:

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
More pictures.

I've had decals on most of my NB, and they are really a pita to get completely off. Even after most of it has been peeled off, there's still more to go, so I've had to go over the car several times with plastic razor blades (yeah!) to get it all of, including that sticky residue.

So, today it was time to attack the last bit with my claybar. I forgot to take pictures before I started washing the car, but here's a couple of pictures pre- and during washing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That claybar thing really works. It's difficult to show in pictures, but when I got to an area with some of the dirty residue from the decals, it came right off. Well, at least most of it came off. There's tiny little bits left, which I hope to get the next time around... In May!

Pictures:
These are pre-wax (I'm drenched, and it's only 10AM!). First picture shows a wiped down front with extra shine:)
The second picture is the driver side door. Check the reflextion in that! That door was N-A-S-T-Y before. Last picture is the top, with improved reflextion, and it also shows my faded antenna base (replacement on the way).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
These two pictures shows a paint transfer scratch on the passenger side. First picture is pre-claybar, second picture is post claybar. Although it's not gone, it is significantly reduced in size, and not as visible as before. The overall color of the (red) paint also looks better. Hopefully, some more buffing will get rid of more of the scratch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
wow that clarbar REALLY helped!!! Its hard to "save" red once its already started to go... I am soooo proud of you! Baily looks great!

I know I used mothers "Back to back" on the antena (Im glad to hear you ordered a new base woo hoo) , and all the black plastic pieces (mirror, wiper blades etc) and that as well really helped.

I am so glad Bailey found an owner that took the time to claybar!! woo hoo!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts