VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought PS Fluid and added it to the PS reservoir because the oil was just touching the dip stick. Then I noticed on the garage floor a small puddle of the same light green fluid. There doesn't seem to be any leaks around the reservoir, which is towards the front right of the engine. But when I looked underneath, the leak is coming from the back left side of the motor. I hope the pictures show this better. Where/What might be my concern? Where do you think the leak is?

thanks,
Juanita

Attachments

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Nice pictures. I can tell you've put a lot of effort into figuring this out already. Go to the parts store and get yourself some uv dye, then buy yourself a UV flashlight from amazon.com should be around $25 for both. The flashlight is also used for finding pet stains and scorpions! Put the dye in reservoir, drive it for a day, jacket back up and look again with the light. This method works the best in a dark garage,and they leak will jump right out at you. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool! So this dye won't hurt my $35 a litre :mad: PS fluid. Only the best for our beetles! Thanks so much for your help.
Nice pictures. I can tell you've put a lot of effort into figuring this out already. Go to the parts store and get yourself some uv dye, then buy yourself a UV flashlight from amazon.com should be around $25 for both. The flashlight is also used for finding pet stains and scorpions! Put the dye in reservoir, drive it for a day, jacket back up and look again with the light. This method works the best in a dark garage,and they leak will jump right out at you. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts