NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Luv my bug!
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where these are located on the NBC 2005 1.8L Turbo model?

Thanks bunches :)

1. speed/crank sensor

2. fuel pump

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Fuel pump is accessible from under the bottom of the rear seat. Pump is replaced from inside the rear seat.

Fuel filter should be on the passenger side right in front of the rear tire. BE VERY CAREFULLY WITH THE PUSH ON CONNECTORS!!! Only need to remove the large hose clamp that hold the filter to the clamp, fittings need no tools, but if you break the plastic piping you ARE in trouble!

Crank sensor is on the front of the engine near the oil filter. I think the oil filter removal makes the crank sensor much easier to remove.

·
Luv my bug!
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuel pump is accessible from under the bottom of the rear seat. Pump is replaced from inside the rear seat.

Fuel filter should be on the passenger side right in front of the rear tire. BE VERY CAREFULLY WITH THE PUSH ON CONNECTORS!!! Only need to remove the large hose clamp that hold the filter to the clamp, fittings need no tools, but if you break the plastic piping you ARE in trouble!

Crank sensor is on the front of the engine near the oil filter. I think the oil filter removal makes the crank sensor much easier to remove.
Thanks James :) I'm on ECS Tuning's website looking at ALL the many types of fuel filters...how do I know which one to order? Do I have to look at the one I have on the car to be certain? I think the fuel filter needs to be changed.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
So here is my take, 3 different fuel filter options.

Regular 2 port fuel filter, 3 vendors, Mahle & Mann are fine.

A special fuel filter for cars with all metal fuel tank, these should be PEZV vehicles.

Then a filter with 3 hose connections and a built in pressure regulator.

My car was a basic 2 port filter.

If your car is a CA car, it may have a metal fuel tank?

You need to peek up under the filter and see how many hoses and if your fuel tank is plastic or metal then you will know what filter to purchase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts