VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oil light is flashing (red) and comes on after I reach about 30 mph and then goes off until i slow back down again and do the same again, and then it triggers it all over again. Its my wifes 2000 1.8 turbo.

I dropped the pan and cleaned it out, cleaned the screen (pan was very clean of sludge), and refilled with castrol full syn oil.... i figured this would fix the issue. I did buy a pressure switch/sensor for it.... but honestly .... I cant locate it or find it. I know Ive read on here that its near the filter.... But I dont see it. Does anyone have pics.

Its driving me crazy and on top of that it decided to do it right when we were wanting to trade it in for my wife a newer vertible beetle ....so its going to kill the resale or trade if I cant get it fixed.

Any help is much appreciated.... searched for pics but couldnt find any.... hoping someone has one stashed somewhere and it would help a ton

·
Beetleman
430 Posts
Here's a schematic of the oil filter braket assembly.
#16 is the oil pressure switch that is mounted on the right hand side of the bracket as you face it from the front of the car. You should replace the sealing ring as well.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.