VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to install a JVC radio (new, but older model) into a 99 NB. I am down with the Metra install kit, antenna adapter, wire harness, etc.

However, this older model JVC uses a separate module for the Ipod interface. It is a small black box that comes with a couple feet of cord on the stereo and Ipod ends.

Bag Handbag Fashion accessory Material property Technology

Where is there a good location back there to place this thing. It is maybe 3x4 inches and 3/4 inch thick.

It seems space is at a premium in that area?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I will look into that when I get it apart. I know space is tight in there, which is why I asked.

The newer JVC radios don't use a separate ipod module anymore, but I have this one sitting around (and a new ipod module also), so I was trying to do this on the cheap. Putting this into my 1975 Gran Torino was a breeze. Lots of room. 99 NB? Not so much!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it were me I would mount it to the underside of the flasher, seat heater controls; just above the forward cup holder.
Just wanted to provide an update, that is exactly where I put the ipod module. It fits no issues, and there is actually plenty of room there for it.

I know most people won't have this issue, since more modern stereos have usb/ipod support built in, but just in case, they may find this thread useful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm sorry to interrupt, but will someone please tell me where to find the "new thread" icon so I can ask my question. THank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts