NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beetle won't lock when I press the lock button in the car or on the key fob. It beeps and the LED for the alarm blinks, it thinks it's locking but it isn't. The only way to lock it is to press unlock then press lock right after even on the key. The lock and unlock buttons have been replaced but it still does it. Thank you for looking!

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,639 Posts
You need another Door Lock Control Module.

There are micro switches in the module that tell the cars computer if the door is locked or unlocked and when switches do not work correctly the computer gets confused. So the unlock/lock method that you are using resets the switches; however at some point that will stop resetting it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would that cause the power locking system to do this? To lock my car I have to press unlock twice and then press lock in like two seconds or my car will stay unlocked with the alarm set. Both modules are doing that no interior light thing and need fixed, but I have gotten used to it. I just want to know why I have to do the weird unlock-lock code for it to lock.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
There are 3 microswitches in the door latch that sense key turn, door lock/unlock and door open/close. There is a very common problem where the solder connections on one or more of the microswiches breaks. Depending on exactly which connections break, there are a number of different problems that can occur. Chances are there are a couple broken on your driver's door. Here is info on the problem and how to fix it yourself:

http://newbeetle.org/forums/questio...ms-new-beetle/59654-door-latch-resources.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts