VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recent problem which I can't quite figure out...and don't see here---

Yesterday when I went to start my '00 GLS as I was turning the key, the car horn honked as if I were setting the alarm, though I wasn't hitting the button or anything. I drove to the store and stopped, then when I got out my remote wouldn't work to lock the doors. I got in and even the power lock button on the door wouldn't do anything. I started the car and then the button on the door worked fine to lock and unlock the car. But when I got out, still the remote wouldn't work to lock the doors, however it does work to unlock or pop the hatch. When I turn the key in the door, its difficult to turn to lock, and it locks, but the alarm doesn't set. Also when I start driving, normally the doors lock at 10 mph, and this doesn't happen anymore.

Any ideas?

Thanks....:rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes:

·
big poster turned lurker.
2003 Turbo S
9,499 Posts
all this sounds like a common problem with all nb's. a broken microswitch in hte drivers door lock box thingy. Do a search on hte old forum for microswitch, and you'll find all you need to know.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
I'll second what Toad stated, door lock microswitch.

-Des

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
And if not the microswitch, the battery in the remote...I had a similar experience....replaced the battery, no problems since then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, working at the moment

Thanks for the suggestions. This morning when I went out to my car it was unlocked (I locked it the night before.) But somehow now the door lock, remote & alarm are all working fine. I'm assuming if it is the microswitch or battery in my remote the problem will likely resurface soon. I'll keep you posted if it stops working again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts