NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I close Internet Explorer - it's logging me out of the forums. Any ideas? The old forums didn't do this - it kept you logged in.

Thanks. :)

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
I'm going to ask a stupid question because you probably did this...but maybe you didn't and thought you did. When you log in are clicking the "remember me" box? or during the time you're on this site are you going back and forth between this one and the old one for any reason?

·
Send Money
1,135 Posts
Yeah, tht happens to me on occasion as well.. but this tiem around it didn't. I was on last night, closed IE Exploere, and relaunched it just now, still logged in.

I do get logged out whenever I use Firfox to get here, though. And yes, I have checked "remember me" on both browsers.

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
boblamb58 said:
snippage...

I do get logged out whenever I use Firfox to get here, though. And yes, I have checked "remember me" on both browsers.
I also get logged out when using firefox every time I close the browser.///

altho I do swee there is an update I need to download for firefox so I should do that and see if it fixes it.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Guys-

I think these problems are being caused by browser confusion when you have cookies from both the old and new forums in your browser. Since your user ids are not the same on the new and old forums, the browser gets confused -- it doesn't realize it's dealing with two different systems.

I think the two best things you can do to solve it are:

1. Go and LOG OUT of the old forums.
2. Clear the cookies (at least from newbeetle.org and .newbeetle.org) in your browser.

Failing that, time should solve it. The old cookie will expire and then you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
J:

I'm not logged in to the old forums. I reformatted my laptop the other night. When I came back to the site, that was when I saw that the forums had been changed.

It's still not keeping me logged in, btw.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
beetlegirl25 said:
J:

I'm not logged in to the old forums. I reformatted my laptop the other night. When I came back to the site, that was when I saw that the forums had been changed.

It's still not keeping me logged in, btw.
Hmm. Do you have cookies from both forums in your browser?

·
Caliente!
597 Posts
I have to login everytime too. I noticed that when I Log Out that a message appears that "all cookies have been cleared." Maybe that is what causes it not to remember me. Is there anyway to make it not clear the cookies when you Log Out?

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
687 Posts
I have had to log out of the old forums on multiple computers. Just for sanity's sake, perhaps you should connect to the old forums and check to see if it says you are logged in.

I have not had to log onto the forums on any of the computers I read them from since I did that.

Just a thought.

·
Caliente!
597 Posts
noR said:
Hehhee. Dede!

You have to log in; BECAUSE you log out. Stop logging out; and you won't need to log in again. :)
I checked the old site and I am not logged in there.

I thought if you didn't Log Out, it would show you as being Online all the time. If I click the New Posts button doesn't that only show new posts since the last time you logged in/out? If that is the case, then there would never be any New Posts.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Dede said:
I checked the old site and I am not logged in there.

I thought if you didn't Log Out, it would show you as being Online all the time. If I click the New Posts button doesn't that only show new posts since the last time you logged in/out? If that is the case, then there would never be any New Posts.
Dede-

You are defined as "online" is you are idle for a certain period of time (I can't remember what it is off the top of my head, but I think it's about 15 minutes). Staying logged in will not make you appear online -- you will still go "offline" after the 15 minutes of inactivity.

I recommend that you not log out UNLESS you are using a shared computer and you are afraid someone else could open NewBeetle.org on your computer and post as you. If this doesn't concern you, then there is really no need to log out.

I don't ever log out, and I don't think most anyone does.

:)

·
Caliente!
597 Posts
Thanks for the clarification Jeff. I bet this is the same problem others are having in this thread. I closed my browser instead of logging off and sure enough I didn't have to put my name and password in this time and the New Posts button worked. Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts