NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just back in a NB! very pleased, finally got a 1.8t - had the 1.6 and 2.0 before. Its already runnin 210 bhp courtesy of Revo...

Bu I have questions ! Thanks for anyone that can help...

what is the ideal ofset for beetle cab wheels?
what is maximum practical wheel size? 18"
what sort of adapters are need to run Porsche wheels
Do the post 2006 facelift wings and bumper bolt straight on to a pre 2006 car?

Any help greatly appreciated...
thanks

Daisy!

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Hi,
Just back in a NB! very pleased, finally got a 1.8t - had the 1.6 and 2.0 before. Its already runnin 210 bhp courtesy of Revo...

Bu I have questions ! Thanks for anyone that can help...

what is the ideal ofset for beetle cab wheels?
what is maximum practical wheel size? 18"
what sort of adapters are need to run Porsche wheels

Any help greatly appreciated...
thanks

Daisy!
What is maximum practical wheel size? 18"

Depends what you mean by practical. My old Bug had 20's :)

What sort of adapters are need to run Porsche wheels

Depends on the bolt configuration. You can get adaptors for any bolt pattern. But their not cheap :(

No

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is maximum practical wheel size? 18"

Depends what you mean by practical. My old Bug had 20's :)

What sort of adapters are need to run Porsche wheels

Depends on the bolt configuration. You can get adaptors for any bolt pattern. But their not cheap :(

No

NICE!

ok, so the question was a bit vague :) - for every day use, no rubbing etc but it looks like your 20s fit nicely..

for face lift conversion, is it alot of work?

thanks for answering
Daisy

·
5/23/10 <3
11,098 Posts
I imagine it would take more effort than its worth to swap the bumpers and such. Certainly not a direct fit. If it was, then I'm sure you'd see a lot of older NBs with the facelifted bumpers!

·
He who walks on Ice!
106 Posts
The increase in wheel size will be the reduction of tire size. Hence a little bit rougher riding on the streets. Tire adapter kits, made from billet will be expensive, don't go cheap!!! The facelift has a couple of alignement issues, that are easy to correct. The 1.8T is by far the best of the NB

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
The increase in wheel size will be the reduction of tire size. Hence a little bit rougher riding on the streets. Tire adapter kits, made from billet will be expensive, don't go cheap!!! The facelift has a couple of alignement issues, that are easy to correct. The 1.8T is by far the best of the NB
Agreed.

If you have a 16" wheel, then the tire wall will be i think 40. My 20" had a 15 wall. Same overall diameter. Everyone said the ride would feel hard, you'd be able to feel the bump when you drove over a leaf or an ant. But i thought they were a softer ride than my 18's. On full lock the 20's had no problem at all with rubbing :)

I have seen the votex front bumper on a facelift model, but not the rear and even the front was plastic welded cut to fit.

Plenty of wheels out there with the Beetle bolt pattern. 112 bolt pattern most people use here with adaptors. Once you start going into stupid bolt patterns the money is serious.

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts