VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been coming to this site off and on for the past few years while on an exhaustive search for information about what Beetle to buy, air-cooled or New.

I wound up with a New Beetle, an 02 in silver. 2.0L 16v engine and 5 speed. The picture below is a new paint job idea I did in Photoshop. The door color is the actual color of the car. The image is a stock image as I need to wash my car pretty bad and have not yet posted a real pic online.

I have put 10k miles on Ringo (my Beetle) in the 6 months I have had him. I want to do some interior work eventually by putting the plaid seats from a GTI in there and maybe doing the inset door panels in the same plaid. That might look cool.

Anyway, it is nice to be here. I am a Volkswagen fan and have been for most of my life.

·
dreamin' of a bug ♪
529 Posts
Congrats on the bug, mine hasn't found me yet. That's a nice looking paint concept!

Welcome! (even though you've been around) :D

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,867 Posts
Welcome to the party. Glad you've come out of your holding pattern and decided to come and enjoy the flight:D

I love that concept you cooked up. The secondary color looks like an Audi Nimbus Grey. That should work very well with the your scheme. I'm liking where you're doing with your beetle- Plaid??? SHOOT YEAH!

Please keep us posted on the mods and pics please.

BTW, Where ya from? One of us orgers might be near you:).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I live in Lake Elsinore, CA about 70 east of Los Angeles. As far as the engine, I was online looking up an appraisal and the form came back with the 8v engine and a 16v engine. I remember checking the VIN and it came back as a 16v engine.

I'm like you, I did not even know that it was available! I am not complaining.

Also, just wanted to introduce my Beetle. His name is Ringo. As soon as I get a chance, I will take some non-stock image pics of him and post them here.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,353 Posts
I've honestly never heard of a 16v 2.0. I think the 2.0T is 16v, but the regular 2.0 should be 8.

·
big poster turned lurker.
2003 Turbo S
9,499 Posts
I've honestly never heard of a 16v 2.0. I think the 2.0T is 16v, but the regular 2.0 should be 8.
They've never put the 2.0t in the beetle.

I say, snap of a pic of the engine bay, and the experts will tell you what you actually have! :)

·
5/23/10 <3
11,353 Posts
It was more referencing any other VW engine that might be 16V. I know it never got the 2.0T...unfortunately :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there a way to remove the stupid engine cover on it? All it says is 2.0.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Never mind. I went online and found out it is just an 8 valver. Whatever website I was on must have been mis-informed.

·
big poster turned lurker.
2003 Turbo S
9,499 Posts
if there aren't 2 little covers on the front of the engine cover, it just pops off with a pull up.

also, if you have an intake with wavy pipes, it's an 8 valve 2.0 :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts