VW Beetle Forum banner

Long time VW guy, new to the site with a 2012 Beetle

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Aonarch 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been around to VW scene for quite a long time, but I finally got my first Beetle. Sad to say I am a GTI guy. I have owned every generation of a GTI minus the MKV (Skipped it).

Day One:

Hopefully by September this is how I will be looking:

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the Org! You will love your new Beetle! :party:

#3 ·
Welcome!!!! :wave: I see you already have some plans for your 2012....can't wait to watch the progress! Have you had your eye on the 2012 Beetle for a while or was it somewhat an impulse purchase (i.e. you drove it and fell in LOVE!)? :)

Glad you are here!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#6 · (Edited)
Welcome to the family!
Although we're a new beetle forum, we're vw nuts as well, so you're cool on the GTI front.

Loving you 12B & the direction you're going. That last photo rendering a dub modder pic, right? That's a cool little site.

Keep the pics coming... and may I suggest keeping all your mods on one thread. That way you'll have a tidy place for all to easily find as well as a cool little history to look back on.

Props and welcome!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide.com App

#7 ·
So did you get the 2.5 or the Turbo. Only seen those rims on the 2.5 but ya never know.

You being a GTI guy thought you would stick with the similar drivetrain.

Really like the future pic as well. Can never go wrong with those rims on a bug.

Keep the pics coming. :wave3:

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#8 ·
Now that I'm home in front of my computer, I see you're in Atlanta...AWESOME!

We've got a good number of Atlanta beetle owners who are big time participators on this forum. I hope you'll get involved with all that we've got going on here. The Atlanta crew is good for cooking up a get together- I hope you'll be able to attend one of them. One GtG that's a biggie is TOD- the Tail of the Dragon GtG/cruise/weekend, held the first Saturday in May. We've just put the 2012 edition in the books BUT, we're planning for next year already. Click the link in my signature for all the info. Hope to see you there:wave2:

#9 ·
Hello, from a fellow Atlantan. Looks like you need to get into the New Beetle scene now ;)

If you want, we're having a local Athens gtg next Saturday, June 16th, at Loco's in Athens. All VW's are welcome but bring the 2012, come say hey and we'll make sure to get ya in on all the "scene" stuff we do as New Beetles, as well as VW's. I think we're also doing a tech day at Steve and Tamika's house, gotta finish my caliper replacement (FINALLY). So you're welcome to that as well. You can send me a private message and we'll swap phone #'s. That's the best way to know of last minute gatherings...(we do those a lot too) :D

#10 ·
Welcome to a fellow Southerner! Nothing wrong with being into GTIs. I went from my NB to my 20th GTI after my NB got totaled. I love it! The GTIs are certainly slick.

#11 ·
Yay welcome! Hope to see you at a gtg soon! Like Michelle said, we have one next weekend, it'd be a great time to meet you!

#12 ·
Sorry I haven't been online!

I'm a big time Vortexer so all my time is spent there, but here are a few updates.

I still haven't gotten this put on yet. I plan on re-doing the entire exhaust system including some OBX headers. I had an appointment last Friday to get it done, but unfortunately my mechanic had a big deadline he had to meet.

Intake, people said to just relocate the PS reservoir, but that is not my style. So instead I just took some time to mock up a intake. Note that is a prototype just to get the fitment right. I had to make a S-curve to clear everything, including the hood/ bonnet.

Who needs to spend $$ on a factory sat nav, when a $100 Garmin gets it done?

I also used VHT Niteshades to tint the reflectors, they still shine through at night.

Test fitted my LM's. I need spacers to clear the front calipers.

First wash and wax!

2012 Beetle 2.5L 5MT Intake - YouTube

iPhone video of my intake blasting through my local mountain roads. Well I say blasting through, but I never actually went over the speed limit. Also the passenger was holding my phone.

Are they serious with this spare tire? Yikes. Passat spare is on the right.

Mocked up a frame to add room for the much larger spare and keep the carpeting level.

Ordered some H&R Super Sports and adjustable Koni Yellow shock absorbers.

I made a foam gun for $10 and put it to good use.

First dent already... Err!

#13 ·
I've not been to the 'tex in years. They are hostile to our love of New Beetles. Now that you have a Beetle, maybe you'll be happier here.

How did the dent happen? The foam gun? :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.