NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Soon to be FOR SALE! Not a feeler!

Here it is, the highly revered WHITE, Convertible Top Boot/Parade Boot/Cover, 2003 - 2010 NBC fitment, VW O.E.M
This is of a simulated leather material, referred to by some as leatherette, naugahyde, vinyl, but is a man made material. Please... leather is leather, if it doesn't smell like leather, it isn't!

I was very fortunate to happen on one of these that was put up for sale on eBay last night. I was the first to view the sale after it was posted (according to the counter). It took me just about two seconds to move to the "Buy It Now" (BIN) button and click it done. Bought and paid for and shipping in my direction today. I really wish it were RED, as that is what I need, but I also know how hard to come by the WHITE ones are, and I also am aware there are several Orgers who are/have been in the market recently.

I have not set an asking price at this point, rather want to wait and confirm the pristine condition it is perported to be in.

I may sell it for a set price, or I may open it up to offers. But, I assure you, it will be for sale, and will be offered here, to my friends and fellow Orgers, before I avail it to the "public at large" on eBay.

Anyone, who expresses an interest to purchase, either here in the thread, or my emailing or p/m'ing me, will get an email or p/m when I post any additional information, and again 24 hrs be for it posts on eBay (if I must go to that venue), in the event someone may have a last minute change of heart.

In the event someone is serious about purchasing, and has money issues because of the upcoming Holidays, I will certainly consider working with you, with a proper down payment, and a timely conclusion. However, don't mistake this is an offer to finance you, it is not. Please contact me privately to discuss. This offered only to Orgers prior to an eBay sale.

In the event it does end up on eBay, I will let everyone know 24 hrs before hand, when it will be posted, and when the auction will end. I will also post the link.

Watch this thread as this sale unfolds. I anticipate the next posting, containing additional information will be in about a week. I will attempt to "bump" this back to the top daily, but if you are really interested, may I suggest you save the thread.

I have not, but will, obtain the dealer pricing for this item, and also, because of my own intentions for securing a red one, will know the cost of having one made, keeping in mind that to have one made requires the cost of a "donor", for both the purpose of "patterning", and obtaining the required attachment hardware (which at this point I have not found a source for as a separate item). I assure you, I will price this fairly, based on condition and replacement cost.

I will only accept PayPal for payment, be it here or on eBay. I have been a member on eBay since Dec 12, 1998 with hundreds and hundreds of transactions. I maintain a 100% "feedback" score. Anyone so inclined, is welcome to check my integrity via my eBay feedback comments under my eBay user i.d. rsh!hou
http://myworld.ebay.com/rsh!hou

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like we have a bite here, Morav! :D

Good luck!
Well, maybe ...

Don't forget to get me that price next week, ask 'em for retail and wholesale if you've got that kind of relationship. I'll send you the p/n as soon as I get the boot.

Also, see if you can get me a price on a red one, maybe you can get a better deal than I can, in the Houston market.

The VIN on my NBC is 3VMCM31YM356839. They should be able to pull up the p/n for the red one from that as I'm almost sure my '05 Dk Flint Gray Special Edition came with the Red boot as standard fare. Sadly it is M.I.A.

If anyone has the ability to run a VIN # in Florida and get me the single previous owner, I might be able to track them down. Probably in their garage! (lol)
I hadn't thought about it before now, but I'm going to email the little independent dealer I got it from and see if he has their information, or would call them for me? Duh! Still check for me though.

Thanks Kelly!

·
:)
837 Posts
Well, maybe ...

Don't forget to get me that price next week, ask 'em for retail and wholesale if you've got that kind of relationship. I'll send you the p/n as soon as I get the boot.

Also, see if you can get me a price on a red one, maybe you can get a better deal than I can, in the Houston market.

The VIN on my NBC is 3VMCM31YM356839. They should be able to pull up the p/n for the red one from that as I'm almost sure my '05 Dk Flint Gray Special Edition came with the Red boot as standard fare. Sadly it is M.I.A.

If anyone has the ability to run a VIN # in Florida and get me the single previous owner, I might be able to track them down. Probably in their garage! (lol)
I hadn't thought about it before now, but I'm going to email the little independent dealer I got it from and see if he has their information, or would call them for me? Duh! Still check for me though.

Thanks Kelly!
Just ask your VW dealer! They have that information. Or I could ask them(my dealer) for the phone # and address....if you wanted to get it yourself. ;)

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Have you started a picture thread in "other rides" of your, vette?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks 4 Asking!

Have you started a picture thread in "other rides" of your, vette?
No, long story, but I have a home in Ohio also. My business here in Houston. The Vette's there, and I don't have any pics, in the any of the computers, I have here. But, next trip north ... Don't want to drive the car down here and put on the miles. Mike bring her down in the spring on a trailer. Got the NBC here.

She is a beauty! Never seen snow or rain. 9k miles. Heads up display, etc. I don't think she's missing an option.

Gonna have to keep her another 30 years though to recover my investment. lol

I am working on getting some albums up on my page, but I've hit a snag with the system. It's not operating properly and I was only able to get the first album of pics uploaded.
I've been reading about others having problems in various threads, but haven't seen any answers. Gonna' drop an email tothe Webmaster tonight. If I get an answer, I''ll post it in a new thread, because obviously no one upstairs is listening to the threads.

Of course Security and the Mods keep a close eye on me. LMFAO

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just ask your VW dealer! They have that information. Or I could ask them(my dealer) for the phone # and address....if you wanted to get it yourself. ;)
There's five or six dealers here, but I like to do parts face to face. They tend to be stand-offish on the phone, esp w/ wholesale prices, and the one that's close is a bitch to get to. Don't have a relationship with any of them, because the last MB was a '90 bought new and traded with 18k miles. Never saw the service dept of the parts dept.

Thought you were going to yours next week, and thought the pricing might be way better there anyway because of the difference in markets. How'd you do on your headlights?

·
:)
837 Posts
There's five or six dealers here, but I like to do parts face to face. They tend to be stand-offish on the phone, esp w/ wholesale prices, and the one that's close is a bitch to get to. Don't have a relationship with any of them, because the last MB was a '90 bought new and traded with 18k miles. Never saw the service dept of the parts dept.

Thought you were going to yours next week, and thought the pricing might be way better there anyway because of the difference in markets. How'd you do on your headlights?
Headlights look fabulous. Hopefully I will be there next week (if the replacement fogs come in).

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sold!

Update! Never got it listed on the Org or eBay! Done deal with a fellow Orger!

Thanks for the interest!

MORAV

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
This thread comes to a close...

Update! Never got it listed on the Org or eBay! Done deal with a fellow Orger!

Thanks for the interest!
MORAV
This thread has come to a successful end! Boot shipped, boot received, by a very happy Orger. And I quote from my "friend" mecke07109

"I did get the white boot and opened it up last night-- IT IS IN AMAZING SHAPE! THANK YOU THANK YOU!

We all are happy, you made $$$ on it your happy and I saved alot of $$$ on not buying one for $900.00 from the dealer!- White is a tough color to find as we both know!

Unfortunately- I am not able to fit the boot becasue of my baby is sitting in the garage with a snowblowwer in front of it and nto accessible most likely until March/April!"

Thanks, Mike! Glad I have a new friend up the Joisey way!

If you happen to be looking for a white boot, and one with blue piping works with your body or interior, I've just acquired one. Find it here

http://newbeetle.org/forums/parts-accessories/47933-lqqk-fs-convertible-boot-white-blue-piping.html

MORAV

1 - 11 of 11 Posts