NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi newbie here (UK by the way), firstly hoping ive posted in the right place!

Hi everyone,

This Saturday im hoping to get my first Beetle :) 2003 1.6L just wondered if there is anything to look out for/be aware of before purchase?

I would post the link to the add but not sure if thats allowed - basically swapping my Peugeot 206 Sport straight for the Bug so hoping for everything to end well as my Peugeot only has 12000 miles on the clock where as the bug has 84000 :confused:

Its been a life long dream to own a Beetle new or old so looking forward to joining the cult :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for the link to that thread red99 it was really incite full and helpfull.

So here he is.....

Let the fun commence :):D

·
Super Moderator
14,787 Posts
Is it silver or silver/blue? And, I don't think it's an 03. It has mirrors of a 99, or 00.......you should look into this! :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's light blue, re the mirrors, not sure??

Log book, V5 say March 03 and service history invoices say 03 too?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just had a quick browse online and there are other 03 UK models with the same wing mirrors as mine

·
Super Moderator
14,787 Posts
Wow. Those mirrors were used here, in the States, until 2000. :eek:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
My 2003 has different mirrors with the side turn indicator integrated into the mirror, not mounted on the body below the mirror.

But again, markets differ as to how they roll cars out, it appears the UK bodies may have been a few years behind here in the US?

Not sure when the NB was introduced in the UK either, maybe it was a later start?

Assume the UK cars were not built in Mexico like the North American cars?

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
All NBs are built in Puebla, Mexico

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My 2003 has different mirrors with the side turn indicator integrated into the mirror, not mounted on the body below the mirror.

But again, markets differ as to how they roll cars out, it appears the UK bodies may have been a few years behind here in the US?

Not sure when the NB was introduced in the UK either, maybe it was a later start?

I think they were introduced into the UK in 99 but not sure

·
5/23/10 <3
11,173 Posts

Usually the UK/Europe get cars before we do, by a year or so. I think the NB started at the same time though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts