VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

My 98 NB had an extremely unfortunate run in with a very large deer. :( Now I'm looking for a 98 hood. I live in Virginia and if anyone is looking to pass one off, I would be extremely interested. ;)

·
Registered
595 Posts
IIRC the hood, but not the emblem on it, was the same for '98-2005. Salvage your emblem from your old one just in case, and look for a hood in any of those model years.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
You are in luck, there are several salvage yards on 17 near Yorktown.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been hitting up those salvage yards about once a week, but haven't found anything yet. I am lucky to have my emblem, though! I went back the next day after the accident and found it on the side of the road. :D

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
www.car-part.com lists a lot of yards in Virginia...but almost none actually respond to emails.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
M and J has an undamaged green one for $200

M and M in Stafford has a red one for $200

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, thank you! I will definitely check them out. 200 dollars seems fair, I think. Especially since I would like to get a hood before next time it rains. Water gets to the batteries and then my electronics start doing wild things. haha

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Keep me posted! Oh FWIW, Ollie (husband) is a grad student at William and Mary (he is home for the weekend now)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts