NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated on the title i want to buy a k04 turbo, does anyone here knows if someone is selling a k04 from a 225 tt or something similar that I could fit on my car? Because franken turbo/ borgwarner are a little to expensive for me at the moment.

My engine code is AWV
I know i will need upgraded Intercooler/injector and maf housing
The car has 3" downpipe, forge splitter blowoff, stage 1+ unitronic, turbo inlet hose,and a few other mods...

·
Registered
49 Posts
As stated on the title i want to buy a k04 turbo, does anyone here knows if someone is selling a k04 from a 225 tt or something similar that I could fit on my car? Because franken turbo/ borgwarner are a little to expensive for me at the moment.

My engine code is AWV
I know i will need upgraded Intercooler/injector and maf housing
The car has 3" downpipe, forge splitter blowoff, stage 1+ unitronic, turbo inlet hose,and a few other mods...
There are a few guys parting TT's on vortex. Unless you get a k04-001, you will need a tt225 ex man and downpipe. Also, AFAIK the oil and coolant plumbing from the k03 wont work.

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
I say go for it, but unless you get the tune to back up the turbo, you won't see too much of a gain. You won't see too much of a gain period actually. The K04, while being an excellent turbo, don't get me wrong, is just a small turbo. around 300 hp is where it taps out, and forget about good boost after 5500 rpms. Its only marginally bigger than the K03.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts