NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a 2002 new beetle turbo s; the glove box is broken. The turbo s had a aluminium/metal release latch and so getting a new one is very expensive from the dealer and practically impossible to find used. I have been trying to repair my old one but in the process damaged it to the point it cannot be reused. I am looking for a used one; one that is broken (internally) is fine or a fully operational one as well, that way I can reuse the old parts from my original one to fix and come out with a complete operational one with the old latch/key/tumbler. If anyone has something like this I can use; let me know. Mine is black. Thanks, :)

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
ill post pics later of a nifty work around for ya bud.

-jd

·
Registered
14,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate any info; I over worked the parts I had, I basically had repaired all of the latch mechanism and linkage issues. When I tried to glue the door back together; I used contact cement {mistake, solvent based}, which attacked the plastic and ended up ruining the waffle "v" shaped supporting structure inside the door. I removed those; hoping to use styrofoam and create a structure to bond with... nah, just to far gone at that point, then I damaged the pieces when removing the "vs": with a angle head die grinder and a 3m pad. Thus, I am where I am at. Any info appreciated! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts