NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for where to add the coolent i dont see a rad cap so do i add it to the resourve ,and more important where to add brake fluid i cant seem to find it..lol

its a 1999 beetle 2.oL:confused:

·
Registered
149 Posts
One warning when topping up any fluids is that you should think about why you need to do it. Perhaps some others more knowledgeable can chime in, but are the coolant and brake fluids a "closed" system? (that is, does it use up or burn off any fluids?).

I'm mentioning this because I just recently had to top off my power steering fluid. But the experts on this forum mentioned that the system is actually closed. So PS fluid should never leave - which ultimately means I must have a leak somewhere which I should find.

BTW: I have the same car :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
?

Would anyone know where the Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay is located? We are throwing this code and the pump works so wanted to check relay but cant find it! Any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Since the pump works the relay must be fine. Check the vacuum and the vacuum valve.

Would anyone know where the Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay is located? We are throwing this code and the pump works so wanted to check relay but cant find it! Any help would be awesome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts